ii | SPIDER-BOY

" We don't meet people by accident. They are meant to cross our path for a reason. "

About a week had passed, and Verona had yet to put back on her mask. I mean, sure, she would teleport to places every now and then, but she hadn't fought any baddies since her last and only run in with one.

But she was feeling tired of sitting around and doing nothing besides focusing on school.

And that was why she was perched on the edge of an apartment building a couple blocks down, watching the passing cars and people. Her legs dangled over the edge as she swung her feet back and forth, almost carelessly. She stayed alert, hoping to catch another crook that night.

Ver huffed thinking about the amount of appreciation the not-so-new hero, Spider-Man, was receiving. Her chin was rested on her palm as her thoughts stayed on the blue and red clad hero.

"Help!"

Verona was immediately shaken out of her trance as she heard the quiet plea. She looked down to see what looked like a woman struggling against a man's grip. The girl blinked down beside the woman. "Let go of her," She demanded.

"What'll you do, little girl? I'm pretty sure I could take you." The man sneered, a smirk on his face as he held the frightened woman.

"Let's see about that," Verona cockily smirked, even though they couldn't see it because of her mask. The brunette zapped behind the man, grabbing and pinching the back of the dude's neck. He let go of the woman, who fell forward. She proceeded to crawl to the wall, watching the fight with a look of pure terror.

Ver quickly teleported in front of the man as he grabbed back at her, and swiped his feet out from under him. He landed on his back, struggling for air as it was knocked from his lungs. Ver looked down at him. "What happened to kicking my ass?" She questioned him as he continued to gasp for air.

There was slow clapping up above their heads, and Verona looked to see the one and only, Spider-Man.

"Y'know, I heard the sound of fighting, so I thought I'd swing by for a quick peek." Verona watched as he flipped down from the ledge he was standing on. "Turns out, you had it all under control." The two heroes watched as the man attempted to get up and run, but was quickly stopped by a white, sticky web.

Verona contained her shock as she turned to the woman she helped earlier. "Ma'am, are you alright?" She asked, concern laced with her words.

"I am, thanks to you." The woman responded, a smile on her face. Ver was surprised that she wasn't traumatized. "What do they call you?"

The brunette seemed to ponder on this for a hot second before she looked up at the woman. "Lady Silver." The woman nodded quickly before running off. Ver turned back to the Spiderling, crossing her arms.

"So, you're the Spider-Boy that everyone has been talking about." She said, shifting her weight into her right hip. The hero seemed a bit thrown off.

"I-It's Spider-Man." He emphasized the last word, poking his finger out to the air.

"Yeah, whatever you say, Spider-Boy." She turned toward the apartment building she was once on.

"Wait, where are you going?" The boy questioned. His voice was very familiar, but Verona couldn't tell who it belonged to.

"I'm tired, it's late, and I have school tomorrow." Ver answered, exasperated. She turned, her back still to the boy. "See you soon, Spider-Boy." She said, hesitating before turning back around. "Oh, and, nice onesie." The brunette winked before turning around, blinking away to the alley right next to her fire-escape.

☾ ☾ ☾

[616 words]

possibly one of the shortest chapters I'll write, but it's very important to the plot so lets roll with it! aLSO I SAW HOMECOMING AND HOT DIGGITY DANG DID YOU SEE TOM'S ABS? ?? ? ?

until next time ~b