Chapter 3- ODM Training

As time passed, we've been training non-stop. Each day the training gets longer and more excisive. But during that time I still haven't found any clues to where Eren or Mikasa could be.

"Hisako. Do you see her?" Tatsuo spoke up, taking me out of my train of thoughts. Following his line of direction I could see a girl running laps under the hot sun.

"Yea. She definitely has guts." I admired her.

"Ha! I thought the old man was gonna kill her." A guy standing not far away from us, must of overheard us and laughed.

"And you think you could have done any better?" I glared at the man.

"Me?" He stood tall, looking down on me. "At least I know when to quit." He smirked.

"Oh really?" I said in a whisper as I took a step forward.

"Hisako." Tatsuo placed his hand on my shoulder. "Now's not the time. You'll get in trouble or worse." He warned me.

"Tch!" I diverted my eyes back to the girl who continued running.

"Hey! You guys coming?" A girl called out to a group of people. "I heard there's a guy who seen the Colossal Titan!" She ran off to the dinning hut, the group close in pursuit. 'Probably just a guy looking for fame' I shook my head at the thought.

"Shall we chack it out?" Tatsuo questioned.

"You can if you want. But I'm not." I replied, heading towards the girls hut. The next day we started our training and to start it off was ODM Gear training. All we had to do was keep our balance in mid air while stringed up to these pillars. I managed to get it on my first go and I know if Mikasa and Eren where here they would too.

"They seem determined to pass." Tatsuo spoke up as me and him strolled the area. Following his line of direction I seen a group of people working on their ODM training.

"Yea." I gave a small smile in admiration.

"Looks like dinner's being served." He watched as everyone started making their way to the dinning hut. "We should get something to eat." He smiled.

"Not hungry." I said bluntly.

"Seriously! Your starving yourself Hisako!" He said in worry.

"So?" I looked at him in question. "Even if I was or not. I'm just not hungry and I'm not going to force myself just to bring it back up." I stayted and headed to the girls hut. After a few hours it was close to curfew and all the girls were giggling away and gossiping about boys. It was so annoying, but it wasn't long till there was a sudden knock on the door making everyone go quiet.

"Who could that be?" One of the girls spoke up.

"Could it be a boy?" Another giggled. Observing as one of the girls went to answer the door, I went deaf once she squealed. 'What the hell!!' I held my ears in pain. More girls gathered to see what was going on, only to end up squealing as well.

"Umm... Excuse me. I'm looking for-" The person on the other side of the door took two steps in. Sighing in frustration, I jumped off the bunk bed I was on, gaining his attention. "Hisako." He smiled when realising it was me.

"What do you want Tatsuo?" I glared at him. 'I'm not going to forgive you so easily if they start gossiping about this and have a complete misunderstanding.'

"I brought you some food!" He held out a bread roll. "Please eat it. If you don't take care of yourself you'll lose your strength." He frowned, not just with sorrow but with respect.

"I'll be fine Tatsuo. You have it." I went to turn around and walk back to my bunk only for him to grab hold of my shoulder and spin me around.

"Hisako!" He glared, staring deep within my soul. "You have to eat or you'll never accomplish your dreams!" He scolded, pushing the bread into my hand. I have never seen this side of Tatsuo. He held a fire within his eye that wouldn't hesitate to throw the entire bread roll down my throat and continue to do so till I eat a normal required meal.

"Fine." I sighed in surrender. Taking the bread from him, I observed it. "Now that you gave me the food offering. You better go before everyone gets the wrong idea and you get into trouble." I smirked.

"Yea." He scratched the back of his neck. "And when don't I ever get into trouble." He chuckled nervously. 'Great. What has he done now?'

"Just go. Well talk about this tomorrow." I pushed him out of the door, slamming it behind him. Sighing in frustration, I couldn't help but look at the bread and smile. Turning around to head to bed, all the girls their eyes on me. 'Great. Thanks Tatsuo.' I've always been the kind of person who shuns the spot light. Just having peoples attention on me always makes me feel belittled.

"Hey. Was he your boyfriend?" Girls swarmed me with questions.

"No. He's my brother." I answered them. 'Please... Leave me alone.'

"You brother?"

"He's so handsome! Is he single?" They bombarded me with more questions.

"No. Now can you please leave me alone. I'd like to get some sleep before we continue training tomorrow." I pushed past them. Laying in my bed with my back to them, I stared at the bread. 'He's right. If I don't eat I'll grow weak and won't be able to protect those I have left.' I slowly, but shorely started to eat.

-Time Skip-

The next few days, training flew by and only one more person had to pass with the ODM Gear training. So everyone was made to stand around and watch him. Standing at the back of the crowd, I watched him from the distance. He seemed familiar, like I knew him. Observing the crowed, they all expected him to fail again. But he kept his ground and stood tall, causing everyone to cry out in cheer.

"He did it." Tatsuo smiled.

"Theres something wrong." I spoke up when I noticed him wobbling.

"What?" Tatsuo looked at me in question. Watching the boy closely, I watched as he fell backwards and hit his head on the ground. I could tell he was thinking he was finished. "What the?"

"There's something wrong with the belt."

"What are you on about? It looks fine." That's when the old man asked for one of the other recruits to switch belts with him. Giving the boy one last chance, he passed with out a slight wobble. "Your kissing me. How could you tell?"

"I'm not blind Tatsuo." I smirked before walking off. 'I wonder who that boy is and why he looks so familiar?'

1146 Words