1. Create an awesome Cover!

Tip 1

Tip 1. Create an awesome cover!

The cover is the first thing a reader is going to see. When they see it they're going to make a decision – to either click on the book to learn more, or to ignore it. Having a great cover can minimise the chance that they will ignore your book if they stumble upon it!

You're not a cover designer? No problem. There are free, easy to use tools available to help you do it!

I highly recommend www.Canva.com (link in the inline comment here.)

It has a Wattpad book cover template already set up, and it gives you a range of different images, fonts, frames, & shapes to use (I made the cover to this book, plus the banner at the top of each page, on Canva using the images and fonts available). 

Note: if you're using the app version (rather than the web version) I don't think the Wattpad template is there. Instead, you can create a custom size, and set the dimensions to 256 * 400.

If you can't find any images you want to use there's a function for you to upload your own. 

You can find lots of free, public domain images to upload into Canva on http://thestocks.im (link in the inline comment here).

Avoid using random images off the Internet – these are usually copyrighted and you can get into legal trouble (plus it's not very nice for the artists to have their work used without their permission).

Here are a few examples of my Canva covers: