Chapter 22

All Rights Reserved.No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law.

________________________________________________________________________________

*Kaylani POV*

I saw his lips quiver as his glare turned dark. I saw how his body language screamed defeat and heart break. We stood quiet for a couple of minutes. It felt like hours to be honest. Cody's eyes were red as the tears soon started to dissipate and dry on his face. I could tell how much this had broke him but it was the best thing I could possibly do for him. I reassured him about the special place he held in my heart and how much I greatly cared about him. I was afraid of losing Cody because he had given me healing when I couldn't find it. I wanted to return the favor by being there for him until he found healing as well. With a shaky voice Cody looked me in the eyes and said:

"Kaylani I love you. I fell hard for you in every possible way. I want you to know that I don't hate you because I honestly can't find a space in my heart to do so. I understand you want to be with the father of your kids and I respect that. I'll always be here for you and the kids whenever you need me okay? Promise me you're going to be happy and be the best mom ever to your babies."

"Cody I promise. I don't want you to think I don't have a place in my heart for you because I do. You mean a lot to me. I'd love for you to be apart of my children's lives more than anything. You witnessed much of my pregnancy and I will forever be grateful." I say.

Cody took my hand in his and kissed the top of it with his lips. The warmth penetrates through my skin and made its way to my heart. I knew this was devastating for him to endure.

"If you're happy with Leonardo, then I will root for you guys. As long as you're happy, I'm happy. That's all I wanted anyways. I'll step aside and let you go with the love of your life. Take care mia bella." He quietly says as he plants a soft kiss on my cheek. I felt extremely guilty for his pain and I wanted to make things better but I knew now that time was going to be his best friend. I was going to give him the time he needed to heal. Cody walked out the front door of our hotel room with his luggage in his hands. The sight of him leaving was breaking me into pieces. Before he closed the door, he stopped and looked at me one last time. Before I could utter a word, he showcased the same smile I saw back at the supermarket when I met him. The same smile that brought me comfort these past few months. My eyes soon began to grow watery as the door finally closed. I prayed in my mind for him to be safe and at peace with himself. I truly hoped he found love again so that the winter of his pain can be out shined by the warmth of spring. I look down at my left hand and see the diamond ring he had bought me. It sparkled so elegantly like the stars that drape over the bleak night. I cherish this ring until the end of my life. Cody will always be in my heart. I'll truly miss him.

---

By the end of the day, Leonardo had picked me up from the hotel and took me back to his gigantic mansion. I was in awe because of the beauty and majestic architecture of this house. I felt intimidated with just the look of it. We spent the rest of the day together, eating and watching movies like two crazy teenagers. The moment felt as if I was floating in the sky as the array of colors projected before me. It seems like the rainbow had finally showed up. The hurricane of our struggles has came to an end and now I could enjoy the presence of my man and our kids.

When sky turned dark and the moon shined brightly over our roof, Leonardo and I laid together on his bed as the silk sheets draped over our bodies. I noticed how restless and over worked Leonardo was because of the time it took him to fall asleep. He looked peaceful, as the air in him escaped his parted lips making a cute quiet hymn. His arms found their way around my belly and I immediately felt the babies move within me. His hands caressed my womb with delicacy and love. I knew he was asleep the entire time but I couldn't help but whisper: