The Dormitories

Harry and Draco followed the Slytherin prefect to their dormitories, leading the other Slytherin first years from the front of the line. After the prefect said the password Draco dragged Harry in, and began looking underneath all of the beds.

"Draco," Harry slowly asked, "what are you doing?"

Draco huffed impatiently and said, "Honestly, Harry. I'm looking for my father's name. It's a Slytherin tradition for us to carve our names under the beds, and I wanted mine to be by my father's."

Harry nodded and followed Draco, "Found it!" Harry called a few minutes later. Draco rushed over and checked and humming approvingly he said, "Good job, Harry, that's definitely my father's!"

"Take that bed," Draco said, looking at the bed beside his own.

"But what if someone else's name's below it?"

"Malfoys get first claim, and if I want you to have that bed, you will," Draco said, turning to unpack his trunk.

"Oh, okay," Harry said, setting his stuff down on the bed.

Baise took the bed on Draco's other side, and Crabbe and Goyle took the ones opposite of them. The other first years scattered, not bothering to check for names. Draco pulled his wand out of his pocket, telling Harry to do the same.

"It's easy, just hold your wand down and carve it in," said Draco, who then mumbled the spell. "Like so."

Harry did the same, adding a little flourish to the end of his name. The other first years soon followed suit.

"Okay everyone. I'm Malfoy, Draco Malfoy. This here," Draco says, pulling Harry towards him, "is Harry Potter. Now, you listen to us."

One of the first years who Harry didn't recognize asks why they should, and Draco glared and said, "Because my family is loyal to the Dark Lord."

Several gasps were heard around the room, and Harry just raised an eyebrow questionably, to which Draco mouthed that he'd tell him later. Harry shrugged, to almost everyone's shock, and turned back to his trunk.

The other Slytherin's eyes widened before they too returned to their luggage. Harry just rolled his eyes at the few kept staring.

What was the big deal about this Dark Lord? Harry wondered.

After Harry had unpacked he surveyed the room, noticing all the greens, blacks, and silvers. Draco had a lot of silver coloured stuff, Harry noticed. Personally, Harry's favorite colour was green. Harry sighed happily, flopping down on his bed, he was glad to have new friends and to be in Slytherin. He flopped back on his bed, his hand tracing the names carved in, his included.