Chapter 4: Introductions Part 3

((A/N: Hey guys! It's Author-Chan! So this chapter is mainly going to be in Shane's POV. Also I wanted to tell you what Poke looks like so I'll add snip bits in the chapter. That's all folks! Hope you continue reading the story and enjoying it!))

Shane's POV:

After work I start heading towards the saloon. I can't help but think about that customer Morris forced to buy something in the store. She looked really cute. She was definitely not happy about being forced to buy something in the store, but she dealt with it. Then there's when she was in the aisle I was working in, I could tell she was staring at me, which annoyed me. It became more obvious when I finished that spot.

I got a better look at her then.

She lad long black hair, large, black, thick-rimmed glasses, and pretty pale skin. She had blue-green eyes that looked like the ocean during the Dance of the Moonlight Jellies, black high-waist shorts, a long-sleeved galaxy shirt, black suspenders, black knee-high socks, and galaxy sneakers.

But other than that she bothered me.

She just stood there staring at me and I needed to go to the next aisle. I couldn't yell at her though. But she was just another customer, nothing more, nothing less. I probably won't see her again, so that's good. I pass by that Maru girl who was probably talking with her half-brother, but the person seemed much shorter... I reach the saloon and pay for a beer and go to my corner in the saloon. For some reason, people are more cheery today. There are even people in the bar who don't come in normally... The hell is going on?

As I was thinking, the girl from Joja Mart comes in and Lewis stands up and puts a hand on her shoulder. "Here you are! Everyone this is Poke Dillan! One of Tommy's precious granddaughters. I hope you all get along!" I could see that the girl was pretty nervous as he was talking, and even more nervous when everyone started coming up. The first people to come up to her were Emily, Hayley, and Gus. Then it was Willy, Elliot, and Harvey, Willy even gave her his old bamboo fishing pole. Then there was Pam. Finally it was Marnie, and I actually bothered to listen to this one. "Hi Poke! My name's Marnie! I live in the ranch just south of your farm with my niece and nephew Jas and Shane. Speaking of Shane's normally here in the saloon. He normally wouldn't try to start a conversation so go and try it out! Oh, but before you go, come to the ranch for animals and hay!"

Poke said goodbye to Aunt Marnie and started walking around the saloon when I felt a tap on my shoulder from Emily. "Aren't you going to introduce yourself to her? She seems nice Shane! Go on and go talk to her- oh she's coming over! Hi Poke!" As she said that I turned back around and saw her looking up at Emily and I, looking extremely nervous. "U-Umm... Hi Emily." She turned to face me and spoke up again. "U-Umm... Excuse me, but I wanted to apologize from earlier today once I s-saw you in here. I didn't mean to stand in your way while you were working. S-Sorry about that." She seemed extremely shy. "I don't really care. It's fine." The girl then spoke up again. "O-Ok... B-But umm... I didn't catch your name..." ((Where are my Heathers fans at?!)) I look at her again. "I didn't throw it." " O-Oh right... S-Sorry..." Then Emily looks at both of us with that s**t eating grin of hers... "So~ you guys have already met, but Shane never told his name~... Oops! I said it!" She then started giggling as if she was still in high school and I glare at her then I hear Poke speak up. "O-Oh y-you're Shane! Jas and Marnie mentioned you before! I-It's a pleasure to meet you! I hope we become friends!"

The girl left the saloon and I just continue drinking until Marnie comes up. "Nice girl isn't she? She seems eager to make friends with you and Jas." I nod and go back to drinking. Marnie gives me a disappointed sigh, "You need to stop drinking Shane, you might end up in the hospital one day because of it." "I'm not a child Marnie." I give her a small glare. "You're right, you aren't a child. But that gives you more of a reason to take care of yourself. I'll see you at home Shane." Marnie gives me another small glare and leaves.

I'm most definitely sure that Poke will give me those eyes once she gets to know me...