Chapter Thirty - Five

July 19th, 2015

Fergal's P.O.V

Today is the day... Today I get to show my love for the most amazing woman in front of all our family and friends... I stood in front of a mirror in my dressing room with Sami, Tom, Karl and Matt... Tom was still going to be walking Christina down the aisle to me. He was going to give her away to me. Most men are nervous on the day of their wedding. I wasn't. I'm not sure if it's because I know I've already married her. Or because I know I'm making the best decision of my life.

Sami was helping Matt with his tie. Karl was fixing his own. Tom and I being the only ones completely ready already. He placed both his hands on my shoulders. "You ready for this?" He asked me.

"More than. I know she's already my wife but I feel like this is going to make it real..." I told him. I hadn't been able to wipe the grin from my face since I woke up this morning.

Tom grinned at me as well. "Well, it's time for me to head over to the girls. You guys don't be late or Christina will kill me." Tom said looking around. Everyone had finally finished getting their ties fixed and Tom walked out the door. I was slightly jealous that he got to see my wife in her dress before I can but, I know I'll see her soon.

We walked out and walked down the aisle to a song Christina chose for us. We lined up at the alter with Sami by my side, followed by Karl then Matt. I looked out at all of our family and friends sitting there grinning at me. I heard the music start and Bayley walked down the aisle first followed by Rose then came Becky. Once they had made it to the alter the music changed and Christina appeared with Tom at her side.

In that moment I thought time stopped. My jaw dropped my eyes wide and quickly filling with tears. I brought my hands over my mouth as she started toward me. I couldn't help but a couple of those tears slipped down my cheek the closer she came. God she looked so beautiful. Her long blonde hair flowed down her shoulders in soft curls, her make – up very light as she never really did need it.Her dress a long white ball gown. Tom smiled placing her hand in mine. I looked deeply into her eyes. Her blue green eyes staring back at me her own eyes filled with tears threatening to spill. She reached up and wiped mine away as I did the same when one fell from her own eyes.

Instead of having a wedding with a minister or someone who was ordained this was just an wedding in which we would exchange our own written vows. "You look beautiful..." I whispered. She smiled and looked into my eyes.

"Fergal Devitt. I met you when we were only three years old. That day you and your parents joined us for dinner and we sat in the living room playing together. But I remember what I said to you. I said 'You're my new best friend okay?' and you only said okay. From that day we were inseparable. We have been together since nineteen ninety six. Nearly twenty years years. Twenty years and you still give me butterflies. Twenty years and I feel like it was just yesterday I fell in love with you. Being with you is like being on a permanent high. You and our boys mean the absolute world to me. I've been in love with you since the day you held me in your arms as I had a panic attack for the first time when we were twelve. You were so scared for me. But you held me close and whisper sweet nothings in my ear. At the time I didn't think much of it besides you being a good friend.But I soon realized that was the day I fell in love with you. You are my best friend and the most amazing father to our children. I love you more than anything and I am so happy and proud to be yours forever and share your last name. You've always been the only man for me. I love you Fergal Devitt." Christina finished reaching up wiping more tears from my face as she held one of my hands in hers.

I reached up with my free hand and cupped her cheek gently. "Christina Devitt. You have given me my reasoning for life. You're my muse and my motivation. My motivation to not only be the best I can be but to be a better man. You make me a better man. The day you gave birth to our boys was a day that was supposed to be the happiest day in my life. But as soon as I thought I was going to loose you my world crumbled. I wasn't sure how I was going to be able to go on without you... When they told me you were okay I can't even explain the rush of emotions that came over me. Nearly twenty years is a long time to love someone, but I plan to love you until the end of time. You are the woman that has made me who I am today through our heartbreaks and memories. Through your support and your love. I'm not sure who I would be today without you, but I can't even imagine a world without you in it. You are the only woman in this world that I will ever love more than anything. You and our boys are my entire world and I will love all three of you until my life ends and longer than that. You Christina are the only woman for me. I love you Christina Devitt." I finished and by now her tears were running down her cheeks and wiped them away.

Christina's father Ron stood up with Ryan in his arms, and my father stood with Rilley in his arms. Ron spoke first. "Fergal, do you take Christina to have and to hold, in sickness and in health so long as you both shall live?"

I looked into Christina's eyes as I spoke the words confidently. "I do."

My father spoke next. "Christina, do you take Fergal to have and to hold, in sickness and in health so long as you both shall live?"

She stared right back at me her eyes full of love and happiness. "I do." She whispered. We stood there for a moment for everyone around us yelled 'KISS HER!' I smiled before kissing my wife. I kissed her like it was the first time all over again. I kissed her as if my life depended on it. Everyone cheered happily, my lips not leaving hers I smiled. God I love this woman.