11.

They say she had an aneurysm on her aorta.

That her heart filled with blood and she died immediately.

That she was dead before she even hit the ground.

What hurts the most about that is the fact that there's nothing I could have done to save her. There's not a single way I could have known it was going to happen.

It was all so out of my control. I can't even blame myself for losing her. I have no one to blame. It makes this whole grieving thing really hard.

I just want everyone to know that I'm not quitting barrel racing. It's been a few weeks since her death now, and I've already got a new horse. (A bit faster than I had anticipated, but I'll take it.) 

Mercy will be in my, and many others hearts forever. She meant so much to so many people. Mercy will never be forgotten. Every time I get on a horse I know she's on my shoulder. Keeping me safe.

Every time I hear rolling thunder, I like to think it's her hoofbeats.

Losing Mercy has been the hardest thing I have ever gone through.

She taught me so much, she left me with so much. I could never thank her. All I can do is not let her work go in vain. She gave me her life. She gave me everything she had in her last moments. That has to mean something. I will not let it mean nothing.

I hope you guys just take an extra second of each day to love your animals a bit longer. You never know when you can lose them.

I know it was a short read, but that's how all that time felt. It went by so fast. There was so much more to us than what I could put into words.

Thank you guys for reading.