Chapter 1

It was 8:30 Monday morning and school was just about to start, I had about 2 minutes to find my best friend Aaliyah, but I guess I didn't have to look too far.... "Rebeka, Rebeka, Rebeka" was all I could hear coming from the other end of the locker room. Aaliyah was standing there waving her hands in the air with the biggest smile on her face, I rushed over to her in excitement because of how excited she was without even knowing what was happening. "whats happ.." I was rudely interrupted by Aaliyah "I'm having a big slumber party and I need u to be there because your my best friend" I agreed to go even tho I had only been to Aaliyahs house a few times which is hard to believe since we have been best friends since the beginning of high school which is almost 3 years ago now. The bell rang for homeroom which meant I had to say goodbye to Aaliyah because we weren't in the same homeroom.

As soon as I got home my older sister started yelling at me about some random dramas happening in her life I wasn't listening very well. I was just about to walk up the stairs when my parents called me down into the lounge to talk to them, all I could think about was everything bad I have ever done. I walked into the lounge a bit surprised because my parents were smiling and did not look angry one tiny bit, "Rebeka as you know me and your father were planning our honeymoon and we were thinking about this weekend which means your gonna have to stay home with Sarah a night" "NO YOU CANT DO THAT" I screamed without thinking I just did not want to stay home a night with just my sister. My parents did not look very impressed that I screamed at them like that, but the phone started ringing which distracted them from me. I got upstairs into my room away from my chaotic life and checked my phone, there was a message from Aaliyah asking is 3:30 Saturday afternoon a good time for you. I totally forgot all about the slumber party, I freaked out because tomorrow was Saturday and my parents were pissed at me. "Mum, Dad I know you're probably angry at me and this probably isn't the best time but Aaliyah is having a slumber party and she really wants me to go" I really thought my parents would ground me or at least take my phone away but they agreed and said that I could go, but I would have to be there by 3:00.

I ran upstair in excitement to text Aaliyah telling her that it was a yes, but she had said 3:30 and mum needed me there by 3:00. I decided to call Aaliyah instead because it seemed easier to tell her while I was speaking to her instead of texting her. "Hey Rebeka what's up," asked Aaliyah "umm well my parents are going out on their honeymoon tomorrow and they need me to be at your house by 3:00 otherwise I wouldn't be able to get there, I'm sorry if this causes any problems" I felt so rude having to change her plans, "Nah it's fine I'm just out at hockey training till 3:00 so u would be home with my brother Shawn because my parents won't be home, but it's fine I have Netflix and food so you should be all good". 

I couldn't sleep much that night because I kept thinking about how awkward it would be without Aaliyah and just Shawn there, I didn't really mind that Shawn was the only one with me but it was just that I have had the biggest crush on him since the first time I met him and I've hardly ever met him but he has the dreamiest eyes, the best abs, great hair and obviously an amazing personality, but I could never let Aaliyah know about this because that's just wrong to like your best friends brother. It was 3:00 am in the morning and I still hadn't gotten any sleep which was a bad thing because I need a lot of energy for tomorrow night. I could hear footsteps coming up the stairs and heading towards my room, my dad stared into the room and I had to pretend that I was asleep.