Betrayal💫

"What are you so afraid of?" He asks her with desperation in his eyes.

A sigh escapes her lips as she looks up at the sky with a pained smile.

"Betrayal." She whispers into the eerie silence.

"I won't betray you. I will never never." He takes her hand, holding it tightly.

"You won't, not now, not after twenty or so years but one day you will." She looks down at their intertwined hands.

They fit so perfectly together, she wonders.

"How can you say this when you don't even try this, try our love? " He asks again with frustration still holding her hand. She looks in his eyes as longing swarm in them.

"I can say this because I have seen the look on the face of the mother when she gazes into nothing. I have seen the look on the face of the mother when she cries herself to sleep. I can say this because I have known what it feels like to betray by someone who is supposed to stay loyal with you. I have seen the infidelity of the father who is supposed to be your hero. How can I know what's the love is when I all I know is betrayal? " She tilts her head, blinking to keep the tears at bay. A strange sadness lingering on her face. 

How can she when all she gets, is betrayal?