Chapter 2

"Taehyung, is there any news about Minjung?" Jimin asked Taehyung through phonecall in the morning.

"Oh, hello Jimin. I just woke up by now. Nothing come yet but I'll make a call to the hospital now for you. I'll call you back if there's anything, okay?"

"Okay then. I'm sorry if I awake you."

"That's okay, and Jimin, did you sleep well last night? Your voice doesn't sound like usual."

"Just few hours, I guess. I can't stop thinking about her."

"I understand. Just rest a bit more, I'll call you later okay."

"I got it. Thank you, Tae." and with that Jimin hung up the phone trying to get some sleep since it's still pretty early but his mind can't stop replaying what happened last night.

"Just if you know, Minjung..." He muttered alone.

⠀⠀- Meanwhile, in the Hospital -

"I'm sorry, Mrs. Han. I shouldn't let her do it and causing this accident. I'm really sorry." Younha apologize to your mother who just come back from Japan.

"It's not your fault, Younha. I know how stubborn Minjung is. That's why me and my hubby already make a plan for her." She give her warm smile and spare a glance to you who laying peacefully with some bandaged around your head, hands and legs.

"Plan?"

"Yeah. Anyway, What the doctor said after the surgery done? She's gonna be okay right?"

"Yeah. The surgery was successful. It's such a relief and he said her condition is stabil, so she will awake soon." Younha answered while smiling at the middle-aged woman.

"Thank you for being here when we were away from her. Now, you should go back and rest Younha. You must be tired."

"Alright. I'll come back again after lunch time." Younha nod and greet her before leaving her room.

After Younha left, your mother went to the restroom inside your room for awhile and when she step out from the restroom, she widened her eyes as she approaching you.

"Minjung! Minjung, you're awake now!?

⠀⠀⠀---

"Jimin, she's conscious now." Jimin instantly jumped out from his bed as soon as he heard the news from Taehyung. "But I don't think you can go there now." Taehyung added which makes Jimin stop on his track.

"Why you said so?"

"Her parent is there with her and I don't think it's a good idea for you to show up right now. You know, she might telling them about you and you know.. first impression on you will be...-"

"I understand. But, is she okay? I mean-"

"She's okay. Her surgery was success, that's why she gain her consciousness this fast. She just need to rest and wait for her wound to heal its self. If she take care of herself  well maybe she can discharge next week."

"I see. Thank you, Tae."

"Anytime. When will you tell her the truth?"

"I don't know. You were there last night, remember what her best friend Junghan said to me?"

"I heard that, but... hey, it's what Junghan said, not Minjung."

"You clearly know she hates me." Jimin groan in frustration.

"Well, she never say it in front of your face, doesn't she? So don't trust him. Nevermind him." Taehyung try to reassure his bestfriend, hoping the best to cheer him up.

"Fine. Let's hope for the best."

"That's right, and Jimin!"

"What?" Jimin shriek out of sudden in surprise since Taehyung shout out of sudden.

"I forgot to tell you. Don't do anything to Seulji."

"Taehyung, I think you told me the rumor about you and her isn't true!?!?"

"It's really not true!"

"Then why did you protect her just now??" Jimin asked, annoyed. Completely don't understand why did his bestfriend protecting the girl who called the police to report the wild race and causing you to bumped to the truck.

"Aish, I'm not protecting her! I'm protecting you! You know how crazy she is for you. If you go threaten her or something, don't you think she will become wilder and maybe gonna hurt Minjung again. You want that?"

"Alright. Alright. I won't do anything to her, and Taehyung.."

"Yes?"

"Please, listen to me once. If you want to find a girl please don't choose Seulji, she-s"

"JIMIN! I DON'T LIKE HER OH GOD! I'LL HUNG UP NOW!" Taehyung went mad and hung up the phone while Jimin just laughing, having fun teasing his own bestfriend.

🏥🏥🏥🏥🏥🏥🏥

"Mom, don't nag please. I'm not ready for that." you told her right after the doctors and his team left your room.

"You still dare to plead me? Did you think about that when you speed up your bike?" She fake glare at you and you pouting before remember about why you were so greedy to win last night.

Park Jimin.

"You don't know how hard I tried to persuading your father to not give you hard punishment." She added and you turn to see her face that you've been missed for awhile.

"Thank you and I'm sorry. I promise I won't do that again, but where is dad? Did you come here alone or-"

"We come back together, but since he need to meet someone important, he told me to come here first."

"His daughter got into an accident and yet he still manage to do his business?" you roll your eyes and pout, but she just chuckles.

"It's not only about business. He's really something important for us, especially for your future." she said, grining happily while you widened your eyes.

"W-what do you mean by that, mom?"

"Your dad will tell you later, now let's get you something to eat first."

“Where's my phone? I want to tell my friends that I'm fine so they'll stop worrying.” you show your puppy face again to your mom, then she sigh and handing you your phone.

“You're the best, mom! Thank you!” you grin and happily accept your phone.

“I'll just order something for you. Don't go anywhere, okay?” She warned before leaving the room.

A Week Later⛅

Finally after stay in the hospital for a week, you're going to discharge today. Your wounds were almost heal completely, thanks to the healthy food that your mom cooked everyday. You thought, not knowing it was coming from someone else.

Jimin, on the other hand never fail to visit you every night, whenever you already fall a sleep, he will looking for a chance to visit you just only to stare at your sleeping figures for awhile.

“Now you've back at home, don't ever try to go for wild race again, okay?”

“But mom, we already agreed that-”

“That you can only go to the wild race only to watch, not to race!” She glare at you and you finally give in.

“You know how much I love to race.” you pout and in another place at the same time.

“You know how much she love to race.” Jimin said to the older man which is your father.

“Yeah, I know. But it's not safe, son and you know it. You should stop her, and you have to stop too! Wild race isn't a good thing!”

“Mr. Han, you saw what happened last week? Pushing her down from the number 1 spot won't make her stop, instead she'll become more greedy to win. What happened last week is the last time. I'm not going to challenge her anymore.”

“Alright, alright maybe that's a wrong idea. That's why we have another idea and you shoud help us.”

“I know. My mom told me about it, that you and Mrs. Han have something to discuss with me. So what is it?”

“Jimin, we want you to marry my daughter, Minjung.”