Chapter 4

"Park Jimin is so .. what, Han Minjung?" a voice interupt you and even if you close your eyes, you know who that voice belong to.

"Jiminnie!" Hyerin shriek and you sigh. Yes, Park Jimin is making a come back to your life.

"Park Jimin is so annoying, happy?" you answer sarcastically.

"Wow, I don't know there's a new way to thank someone who just save their life." He chuckles and although you want to admit his chuckles sounds so angelic- well you'll never admit it.

"I didn't ask you to save me. Just leave me alone, Park Jimin." you muttered and leave the park cousin behind.

"Hyerin, please help me watch over her." Jimin asked slowly and anyone can tell he's being sincere.

"I don't know your reasons why, but okay cousin. I will, as long as you promise me you will never date that Seulji witch." Hyerin said and both chuckles at her last sentences.

"You know I never will, thanks anyway! Now go and stay with her."

"I got it, and Jimin." She called Jimin when he was about to leave her, "Stay safe." She added, causing Jimin to smile.

"Don't worry. I'm not 10." he grin before disappeared in the crowd.

You were struggling to hold few snack and drink that you had in your hand when you were about to pay, but then a pair of hand help you out.

"Whoa, it's Hyerin nuna! Here some bonus snack for you!" The boy give the bonus snack to her and you roll your eyes.

"Have fun being a famous queen, huh?" you jokingly tease her when both of you walking side by side to find spot to sit.

"Well, sometime you can't control what other think about you. What you can do is just control yourself." She giggles and drag you to a good spot where someone make it for her.

"Your fame is amazing." you whisper to her when both of you sat down.

"I never ask anything, so let's just say that we're both lucky." she whispered back and you laughed.

You were enjoying your snacks when Hyerin suddenly ask you a question.

"Minjung, I know we're not that close but may I ask why you hate my cousin that much? Don't tell me it's just because he took over your number 1 position. I know you're not that childish to hate on him just because of that." She asked and you clear your throat.

"Just say that I'm childish then." you answered slowly and look away from her.

"Okay, maybe we're just not close enough yet but Minjung-ah, can I tell you something?" She added and you swear this girl is so optimist.

"What is it?"

"Jimin, he really care about you. Just so you know. Believe it or not." She said and it's her turn to look away from you.

The race start and as you predict, Jimin let Junghan to lead the race but what makes you confused is, up until the last lap, Jimin didn't try to turn the game. He still left behind and even slowly dropping to the last position.

"What the hell is wrong with him?" You didn't realize but you speak your mind out loud.

"Something is wrong with him." Hyerin muttered seriously even without turn to you.

Then when the race is over, Hyerin leave you and heading to where Jimin is. Your heart badly want to go to check what happened with Jimin but your mind told you to go to your friend, since Junghan really won the first place this time.

"MJ! Look! I won! I really won this for you!!" Junghan screamed in joy when you go to him.

"I know. Congratulation, Junghan-ah!" you greet him and smile, trying to enjoy but you can't. Since you know something is bothering your mind.

"What happened? Is something wrong?" Younha asked once she pull you to the corner. "You didn't look that happy knowing our team won over your casanova."

"N-no, it's just. I just wonder what happened to him. It's strange if he finished in last position like that." you said, hoping she won't suspicious on anything.

"Actually I also think the same. Do you think that he give up purposely?" She asked in low voice, and you feel relief since she doesn't suspicious on anything.

"I don't know. I'm not sure about it." you said and before she can reply more, Sungcheol come and drag you both to do a little celebration of the winning.

- LATER THAT NIGHT -

You keep tossing left and right on your bed. It passed midnight and you can't even go to sleep even if you want to. Groaning, you grab your phone and open your messenger then looking up her name.

'Hello, Hyerin. I know it's midnight and I'm sorry to disturb you but I just wondering what happened with your cousin?' you typed that and now you read it yourself, you shake your head and delete everything.

But the keyboard betray you when half of the sentence were sent.

'Hello, Hyerin. I know it's midnight and I'm sorry to disturb you but I' you groan in frustration and curse, why is this thing happening in the wrong time?

You quickly sent a sticker and sent another text.

'I'm sorry, I accidentally sent it. Just ignore it, keke~' you sent and hoping she won't do anything about it, but ouch that won't be interesting isn't it?

'This is Jimin's number if you're so curious that you can't even sleep right now. No need to thank me, good night Minjung-ah~' She replied and attach Jimin's contact number on it.

You facepalmed yourself and kicking your blanket away. Damn, why it feel hot out of sudden.

Then you sat on your bed seriously while staring at his contact number.

"Should I text him? But it will makes him over confident and smirking, thinking if I care about him!"

"But you do care about him, Minjung! Admit it!"

"No! I didn't! I just wondering what happened with him! Since it's weird for him to finish on last position!!"

"Then just ask! Ask him! Use that reason to ask what happened, pretend that you just want to know if he give up on purpose!"

The conversation between you and another you lead to an answer. Took a deep breath, you braven yourself to add his contact and text him.

'Park Jimin, it's me, MJ~ Look, I don't know what your intention to give up and finished on last postion, but if you did that on purpose just because you pity us, that's just really not manly thing to do.' you finished typing and check your sentence word by word, makes sure there's no caring feeling on it.

Once you were sure, you sent it and let out a long sigh and suddenly you feel so tired. You don't know that texting a casanova Park Jimin will tiring you this much.

You lay back on your bed and in less than 1 minute, your phone beeps. Surprised, you quickly open it with a speed of light.

'Just admit that you were worrying about me, Minjung~ I'm okay if that's what you worry about.' He replied and you were about to cursed on his reply when another text come in.

'And don't be surprise if I know the fact. Don't act tough and careless when you actually care about me.'

'I just don't feel good earlier, I shouldn't go to the race tonight, but oh well sometime finish on last position didn't feel that bad, since someone is so happy about it.'

"Did he just mocking me?" you raising your voice and quickly attack your keyboard.

'Excuse me, Mr. Casanova. First, I didn't care about you and never will. Second, I wasn't that happy because you were pitying us by give up like that. I want a proper fight, not like this! In next race, I will up against you and at that moment, I don't want you to give up on me!' you sent without checking it back.

'Do you know about action speak louder than words? You don't have to admit that you care about me, I can feel it through your action and sure, Minjung. Yes, maybe I won't give up on you now ;) '

What is this, what is this feeling?

Why you feel flustered over his single text?

What is that sound? Is that your heartbeat?

No, I can't be falling for this casanova, right?

At least not by a single text!

'And Minjung. See you tomorrow! <3'

"W-WAIT! WHAT ??!?!"