Hiding Place

(QING)

I strode inside the conference room where the meeting will commence together with the members of the Royal Counsel.

The Royal Counsel is in charge of keeping the Royal Family's feet on the ground. They have certain authorities and rights to interfere on the Royal Family's life and how we managed the Royal side of the country.

The Royal Counsel members came from various sectors like different religious and social groups. They also help the King make decisions and appeal to change it if they feel that the King is making mistakes.

They are not the ministers of the old times that held political powers. The Counsel is there to voice out their opinions and concerns regarding the way the Royal Family represents the country.

The only powerful card that the Royal Counsel held is the appointment of the Crown Prince. They can question the legality of any Prince that will aspire to be the next King in Waiting. But so far, no one had question Qing's right for the throne. He is the only son his parents had.

The Crown Prince seat is his birthright.

Now, they will discuss the video of King Dao and the wedding ring and Royal decree he gave to his grandson, which is me, Wang Qing.

I deliberately came early to the meeting room. I want to show them that I am sincere in discussing the issue about my "engagement" to my childhood playmate. And I want to show my willingness to listen to their opinions.

I walked to the head of the long table and was about to sit when I saw a pair of shoes on the floor under my seat.

Those shoes are attached to a pair of legs that are attached to a body and head.

"Dayu?" I crouch to look under the table but Dayu push me out.

"Sit!" He ordered panickedly. "Act natural! She must not know that I am here..."

"She?" It took me a second to catch up, "You mean the Queen? My mother?"

"Yes!" Dayu hissed and pulled my hand to make me sit down. Then he put a finger against his lips. "Shhh...she will not think that I am hiding here, right? This is the last place she will look at, right?"

He is being ridiculous! Is he really hiding from my mother? This is just his second day at training to be the Consort in Waiting!

Yesterday, various Palace's personnels reported to me about Dayu's training. Posture is the first trial. He had to act, stand and look like a Royalty.

I had a feeling that Dayu will have a harder time on that because he tends to slouch. That won't do at all. Especially to my mother who had the reputation for being the most perfect Queen in Waiting that ever graced the Palace's halls.

My mother was the perfect trainee. She passed every tests in flying colors. Like she was really born to be a Queen.

Now, she had Dayu to train. Bad enough that he is not the woman my mother expected to train but now, just after one day of learning how to be a Royalty, Dayu is already running and hiding away from his training officer.

"Dayu..."

"Shhh!!!" His eyes flashed angrily at me. "It's because you have no idea what kind of strict drill sergeant your mother is! She is scary, Qing! Scary! And I am scared of her!"

"Dayu!"

I tried pulling him to go out but he just kneel between my legs and out his hand on my thigh to support himself.