Chapter 8: Bakugou vs. Deku

You and the rest of your classmates were in the monitoring room. It was big and empty except for a huge screen to watch the two teams battle. To your disappointment, there were no chairs meaning you couldn't sit at all while watching the first two teams. It was a small issue, but nothing you couldn't handle. What's a hero if they couldn't deal with standing for a while, right?

You looked up at the screen, watching the first two teams. You didn't really get to see Bakugou fight all that much during the exam; it was only a glimpse, but the immense power he held was undeniable. It would be a lie to say you weren't excited to see him fight now. You were also interested to see what Midoriya would do. Since his Quirk hurt him so much, would he even use it?

"All right! Let's begin the indoor combat training! Team A and Team D, your time starts now!" All Might announced over the speakers. He then turned to the rest of the class, "Pay attention kids, think about what you would do."

Everyone one watched Midoriya and Uraraka walk around the building. Suddenly, Bakugou jumped out from around a corner and attacked Midoriya and Uraraka. They managed to dodge the attack leaving Bakugou's punch to explode against the wall instead. His attack left a huge gash in the wall. You raised your brows upon seeing the damage done to the wall. He had broken it so easily. You couldn't imagine what it would've felt like if he'd hit the other team.

You watched as Bakugou stepped towards the heroes, dissipating the smoke with one swipe of his arm. Bakugou glowered as Midoriya shakily stood back up.

"He almost got the jump on them," Mineta commented.
"Sneak attack Bakugou? What kinda man pulls cheap crap like that?" Kirishima said clenching his fist.
You agreed, "Yeah it's cheap, but think about his role. That's definitely something a villain would do."
"Yes. It's a viable strategy. He's playing the part. He's acting like a true villain would," All Might said.
"It didn't work, Midoriya dodged him!" Ashido said pointing to the screen.
"Look, there he goes!" Kaminari exclaimed.

Bakugou shouted before lunging at Midoriya, but to everyone's surprise, he grabbed onto Bakugou's right hand. The blond was frozen in shock. Midoriya then proceeded to throw Bakugou over his shoulder and slammed him onto the ground.

You winced, imagining what that must've felt like.

Bakugou lay sprawled out on the floor for only a moment before recovering and propping himself up. You watched your classmates closely, intrigued by events unfolding. You were even able to read Deku's lips as he spoke to Bakugou.

"You always use a big right hook to start a fight," He appeared to say, "I know, because I've watched you for years."

Years? The word had stuck out to you. It made you wonder about the history the two boys had together. If anyone knew anything about toxic relationships, it was you, and you could tell that these two boys had one. Although, it was worthy to note that their dynamic was much different than you and your mother's. In Bakugou and Midoriya's case, it seemed like it was Aggression vs. Admiration. You thought it was an interesting dynamic to have developed. God, you were so curious.

Suddenly, Bakugou got up off the floor and moved into a fighting stance.

His eyes were narrowed, nostrils flared, and a disgusted sneer was plastered on his lips. You then watched as Bakugou erupted, now shouting at his opponent. The tension between the two boys was raging now. It was like a bomb, ticking down and getting really close to exploding. Everyone else was silent, waiting in anticipation at what was to come.

You saw Bakugou talking again, but it was clear that it wasn't directed towards Midoriya.

"Hey, who is Bakugou talking to?" Kirishima asked, "I'm not hearing anything. Can we get any sound with this video?"
"He's got a radio in his ear so he can talk to his partner," All Might explained, "I gave it to him before the match started. Along with a map of the building. Also this, a roll of capture tape. wrapping this around your opponent means you've apprehended them and they're out for the rest of the game."
"So, there's a fifteen minute time limit and the good guys have no idea what floor the nuclear weapon is hidden on, right?" Ashido questioned.
"Correct!" Answered All Might.
"Then the Heroes are clearly at a disadvantage here. A big one," Ashido brought up.
"Real Pros have to outwit villains on a daily basis. That's life. Even when the odds aren't in our favor, we fight!" All Might nobly replied, "All together...!"
"Plus Ultra!" Everyone shouted.
"Monsiuer," Aoyama spoke,  "He's on the move."