t w e n t y - o n e

"jimin, sweetie. get off your phone"

"the doctor said you can only be on it for a few minutes" my mom says and grabs the phone from my hands. I sigh and lay myself down on the white and uncomfortable hospital bed.

"how are you feeling sweetie" my mom asks and places her hand on my forehead, I lightly shrug and she sighs. she kisses my forehead and I shut my eyes tightly, preventing tears from falling.

"I love you Jimin, so much" she says and that's when all the contained tears come rushing out, I start to cry and she immediately joins. She holds me tightly and I latch my arms around her waist, hugging her like there's no tomorrow.

I hate seeing my mom cry, especially because of me. I know she's been crying secretly when i'm asleep because her eyes are always red and puffy. I hate being the cause of people's tears.

majority of my time on earth revolves around hospitals, medications and chemotherapy. Ever since I was nine, I was diagnosed with leukaemia. My life turned upside down from that horrid day in the doctor's office.

After the news, I couldn't look at my mother in the eyes because I was so ashamed, I promised her I would take care of her after my father left. I failed her. My mom would work double shifts every single day to get more money so I could do chemotherapy.

Everything was going fine, I was starting to accept the fact that I might be not here for long. My mom knows that I have no chance at surviving but she still holds a strong smile on her face and tells me everyday that miracles can happen.

little did she know, a miracle already happened.

He somehow distracted my mind from all the horrible and appalling thoughts, he made me feel like I was a new person. All those late night texts and selfies exchange, it was all worth it. I was genuinely happy to be talking to someone without feeling any guilt or sincerity.

that is until I began developing feelings that I tried to store and hide away, I keep telling myself everyday that it was not worth it. I can't put any one through more suffering and pain. I tried keeping my distance by not responding but something keeps pulling me back.

That night, when he confessed to me. My heart wouldn't stop beating. I felt the same way and I couldn't wait to say it back. I then realized what was going to happen if I did say those words to him. Not being able to text him back kills me. Emotional pain is definitely way more worse than physical pain.

My life is coming to an end and I can't drag anyone down with me.
_____
first pov chapter :))))

 _____first pov chapter :))))