SIXTEEN

"AUSTON, MY place is back there," Olivia stated, though it came out as more of a question.

Auston grinned, casting a quick glance over at her before back on the road. "Normally I wouldn't say no to going back to a girls place..." This caused Olivia to scoff and playfully slap him on the arm as Auston laughed. Clearly happy with the joke he made, he continued. "But... I have something else planned," He grinned mischievously.

Once Auston didn't say anything more, Olivia sighed when she knew it was going to be a surprise. Yes, she wanted to be spontaneous for once, however as she sat in Nazem Kadri's black sports car, with Auston Matthews, she figured it was enough spontaneous things for a day.

Although Olivia knew this was different, and given any other day, she probably would've either given the phone to the coffee shop worker, or returned the phone and went home. She didn't quite know why she said yes to going to the game, or why she said yes to hanging out with Auston after the game. She couldn't quite figure out why she had so much fun eating dinner at midnight, or how she could laugh so much with Auston, she thought she was going to explode.

Though, Olivia knew she wouldn't trade this night for the world. She's loved every spontaneous second of it. And for the first time since she moved to New York, Olivia has looked at the city as a place with endless possibilities, not just the place she lived.

"So," Auston started slowly as he switched lanes, driving to his destination. "have you ever been to Central park?"

Olivia tensed up, "Uh, you're gonna be mad at me, but no, no I haven't."

The boy laughed, "No, it's okay, and what about the Statue of Liberty?"

Olivia shook her head, "Nope."

Auston shook his head slightly as he laughed through his nose, "Please tell me you've been over the Brooklyn Bridge."

She looked out the window and pondered the thought. "I've been over it once. When I first moved here, to go and pick up my couch." Auston responded with a nod as his mind was off doing its own thing. "Why?" Olivia asked, she could tell Auston was thinking.

"Oh, no reason. "Auston looked over his shoulder before switching lanes again. His voice got lower, his words could barely be heard over the noise outside. "If the city never sleeps, neither do we."

[ A/N ]

you should go and check out my new zach werenski book!