TWENTY-TWO

AUSTON QUIETLY entered the hotel room, closing the door as quietly as he could, trying not to wake Mitch up. He sighed as the door fully closed, taking his jacket off and then his shirt.

He walked into the bathroom but didn't bother to brush his teeth. Mostly because he could still taste Olivia's lips on his, but also because he was too tired.

Just as he walked out of the bathroom and turned the light off, he jumped back as he saw Mitch sitting up in his bed, fully awake. His hair was a mess as he wore a dorky smile on his face.

"Wow, why are you back so early? I didn't think you were coming back at all. How was it?" He questioned.

Auston sighed as he peeled the covers away from his bed, sitting on the edge, facing Mitch. "Mitch, I'm really tired," He sighed, rubbing his eyes.

"Oh, so it was good, then?" He asked, however it came out as more of a statement.

"It was great. But not what you're thinking," He smiled as the memories flashed in his mind, "-the complete opposite, actually."

Auston explained to Mitch what they had done. Mitch was genuinely shocked that Auston came up with all that he did, however agreed it was way better than anything else they could've done last night.

As their conversation about Olivia came to an end, Auston jumped into his bed, sinking into the mattress and turning off the lamp beside his bed.

"Yeah, I don't know Mitch, I don't know how a stranger can become such a big part of your life after less than twenty-four hours. I don't know how I can fall so hard and fast for a girl that I know all about now, but barely knew yesterday." Auston sighed, completely confused, but also happy that he's gotten to know the shy girl that's really cool and confident once you get to know her.

"Well, Auston, my friend. You know how I said it could be fate and you'll live happily ever after?" Mitch asked, Auston could hear him shift.

"Oh god, yes..."

"Well, I was partly joking, but I think it's now safe to say... It's fate."

[ A/N ]

ahhh one chapter left, honestly kinda sad but im so excited to publish the last chapter !!