Chapter Ten: Jealousy = Death

Everything was back to normal and I couldn’t be happier; except something didn’t seem right with Brian. It seemed like he was avoiding me. When he did decide to show up to class he would sit with a group of guys that he started talking to. Every time I saw him in the hallway he would act as if he didn’t see me and he never acted that way before. I tried to ignore it even though he was my best friend, until I saw him getting closer to Angel.

“Was he trying to get me to be jealous or was he really into Angel.” I thought to myself. 

I knew I had to talk to him soon; more like the next day because school was over. 

“Hey Jaz,” Angel greeted. 

“Hey... sooo let me just cut straight to the point. What’s up with you and Brian?”

“What do you mean?” She questioned with a smile on her face. 

“I knew it! You couldn’t even ask that without smiling.” 

“Oh please Jazzy I don’t want Brian and he doesn’t want me.” 

“But you two have been hanging out with each other for the past month or so and you didn’t get on the bus after school one time.” 

Angel quickly thought of a lie. 

“Um, I was helping him out with some math homework.” 

I believed it because Angel was an honor student. 

“Oh...” 

“Don’t tell me you’re into him again. I thought you got over him.” She said.

“I am, I was just worried about you, that’s all.” 

Angel laughed. 

“Yeah sure,” she replied. 

We both laughed.

Angel felt bad about lying. We trusted each other and she remembered how I was betrayed by other friends and the fact that I had trust issues. Angel did something she never thought she would do. She had no idea how I would take it. Just seeing me smile made her want to cry, I haven’t been that happy since Darion and I got together. I most definitely still had a thing for Brian. That’s why Angel didn’t tell me what happened between the two of them one evening.

I noticed how sad Angel was looking. 

“What’s wrong buddy?” 

Angel looked out the window. 

“Nothing. I’m just feeling a little sick.” 

We both went home. 

“Yeah, thanks for coming over to help me with this math.” Brian said once he let Angel in. 

“No problem.” 

They both sat on the couch in Brian’s living room. They got straight to work. An hour and half later they were done with the math and decided to talk a little. Brian moved closer to Angel. 

“So how did you become so smart?” 

Angel laughed. 

“I honestly don’t know.” She replied. 

Brian began checking her out. 

“Dang, smart and pretty, that’s my type of girl.” 

Angel laughed trying to cover up how uncomfortable she was.

Brian put his arm around her. Angel knew what was about to happen. She tried to fight it but she secretly liked Brian too. She looked down and Brian touched her chin and turned her head facing him and then he kissed her. Angel had no idea what she was doing. Brian noticed that Angel was shaking nervously.