Truth

Bruce POV

I breathed in then out, ok let's see how this works. "Hulk slowly I don't want a head rush again." I could feel him smirk. My muscles start to expand, my skin began to turn green. I had turned into the Hulk but I was in control. For nearly five years I have tried to integrate us in to one being.

It wasn't till the last two years that I could stay in hulk mode for twenty four hours straight. I used what Emma had taught me and she was right. Once I stopped seeing him as the enemy and start thinking of him as a part of me we began to work in harmony. He no longer went after people or destroyed everything in sight.

It's not always easy having two minds share one body but the mutual respect we now have for each other seems to make it better. I take off in a run knowing he needs a little exercise before we board the plane that will take us from the jungles of South America to New York.

Later on the plane.....

I feel excited to see everyone again. I may even be able to be of use to shield. I don't want to stay on the air craft but that won't be a problem. Tony once extended an offer to room at Stark Tower and I think I will take him up on it.

I smile thinking of Tony, he was the only person besides Emma that truly understood the Hulk. I can't wait to show him how right he was.

Emma..... I haven't stop thinking of the time we spent together or that one magical night. I hope she is not on a mission when I get back, I might find an enough courage to ask her on a date.

The next day at headquarters....

I get off the plane running in to agent Hill. "Dr. Banner Fury is unable to meet with you at this time but he will find you later. You have the same room as last time."

I thank her and start walking inside the aircraft. My room is the third door and one level down so I find it quickly. After putting my bag on the floor by the bed I decide to hang out in the lounge till Fury finds me. After the briefing I will head toStark Tower to talk to Tony about staying there. To my surprise I find him in the lounge watching television.

Before I have chance to say anything he speaks up. "I have the remote and this is the first time all week I haven't had to watch Sponge Bob so I am not giving it up." He holds up the remote waving it in the air. I chuckled. "Sponge Bob really Tony, is that what they are torturing you with?" He turns around the television all but forgotten.

"Bruce?" He seems a little startled by my presence. "It's good to see you again Tony. What are you doing here, is Stark Tower to boring for you?" Still he doesn't speak, he just stares as if he is waiting to see if I will disappear. I try another question. "Where is Emma, does Fury have her on another mission?" That seem to snap him out of his comatose state. "Bruce it's good to see you. What have you been up to." He comes over to me and gives me a hug. "Not much just working on getting the Hulk under control." That grabbed his attention. "Did you do it? Are you better now?" I smile. "Yes I stopped fighting him and now we work in complete harmony."

I noticed to he hasn't answered me about Emma and was going to ask again but a fit of giggles stopped me. I turned to see Steve walked in a little boy in his arms. The child looked towards us, I saw dark brown wavy hair and hazel eyes filled with mischief. Steve puts the child down and he runs over to play with his toys. "Bruce it's been a long time" he walks up to me and shakes my hand firmly. "You being here must mean you got it under control right?" I nod my head and he smiles.

"It seems you been busy Steve, your son looks about four years old. You must of had him not too long after the battle." Steve shakes his head. "He's not mine." I turn to Tony. "Don't look at me, pepper and I are kid free." Now I am a little confused. "Well who's is it?"

It was Steve's turn to speak up. "That's Emma little boy." I was so stupid , it's been almost five years of course she would have a family by now. "Who is the father?" Steve rubs the back of his head. "We don't know who he is." Now I am getting frustrated. "What do you mean you don't know? Has anyone tried asking her?"

The room became silent, the only noise that could be heard is sound of a child playing. I look at Steve and he is deathly pale. Tony clears his throat. "Steve why don't you look after Alex. Bruce come with me please." I follow tony out of the room. After a few minutes I brake the silence with questions.

"Tony what's going on? Where is Emma?" He stops just in side a room. He points and I look. There in a hospital bed hooked up to machines is Emma. If I didn't know any better I would think she was sleeping but I was smart enough to know there was more going on. I went and sat in a chair by her bed and Tony follows.

"We lied to you the day of the battle. Emma was not on a mission, she was right here in this bed." I was stunned by the news. "You are telling me that she was been in the state for almost half a decade? How did this happen?" He sighs. "It happened when Emma was trying to distract the Hulk so Natasha could get away. "I did this, I put her here. No wonder during the battle Natasha looked like she wanted to kill me. Right now I wish I could kill myself.

It felt like someone had open the floor beneath me. My heart so much I wanted to cry. "Bruce you can't blame yourself." I laugh at that. "Of course I blame myself. LOOK WHAT I DID TONY, I AM THE HULK THEREFORE I DID THIS." I put my head in my hands and weeped. I felt tony put his arm around me pulling me up and giving me a hug. After a while he speaks.

"She will wake up, she has to. There is a son who needs his mother." That brought to question how Alex was both conceived and born if Emma had been in a deep sleep since before the battle. I pull away from Tony. "How is it that Alex came to be if she has been in a coma all this time?" He looked over to her.

"When it was time for him to be delivered we had to do a ceasection. We thought we were losing him when his heart began to beat rapidly but after he was out the doctors proclaimed that he was healthy. To this date we still don't know why when he gets angry or upset his heart picks up speed. The specialist thinks he just has an irregular heart beat.

Now for how he was conceived we don't know. No one knew she was pregnant for two month, till blood work was drawn for another reason. The doctors have pin pointed the time to a week before the battle. But every man who was here was checked and she doesn't have a lover. All the evidence except for the pregnancy proves she didn't have sex with anyone."

I stilled. She did make love to someone that week and that someone was me. I was on an emotional overload, a part of me was happy but a bigger part of me was scared. If he is my son then my gamma radiated genes may be in his body. Feeling a little light headed I leaned against the wall. "I know who the father is."

Please comment and vote if you liked it and want more.