Information overload

Authors note: Sorry for the wait. I made it a bit longer to make up for it.

Emma POV

I could hear beeping but everything was dark. My eyes felt so heavy, I could hardly open them. When they did open the light nearly blinded me. I could see machines and a white wall. I turned my head and there stood a women in a white lab coat.

I tried to speak but could only cough. She turned around a little startled. "Good your awake, there is a lot of people waiting for you to wake up. Here drink this water. It will help with your throat." I drank the water and I felt much better but my voice was still only a whisper. "Where is my sister?" She smiled. "I will call director Fury and let him know you are up."

She walked out as a couple other doctors came in. They looked at my monitor and asked me a few questions. When they left I started to wonder how long I was out, mostly likely a couple weeks. I was still blinking away the sleep from my eyes when the door open and a bunch of people came in. I smiled at Steve and Tony who looked very excited. A crying Nat rushed over enveloping me in great big hug.

"Nat what happened, did we stop Loki?" That got a lot of weird looks from everyone. Fury walked up to my bed. "Emma you have been out for along time, almost five years to be exact." I laugh cause he had to be joking. But no one was laughing with me. I couldn't breath, there was no way I could have been out that long. I started to cry, I have lost so much time. Tony put his arm around me.

"There is more we need to tell you." I looked to him tears in my eyes. "What?" He gave me a sad smile. "Two months after you went in to a coma we found out that you were pregnant." I was with child and I didn't even know it. what happen to it, did I lose it? Tony seem to be able to read my fearful expression. "It's ok, you delivered a healthy baby boy." I smiled.

"What did you name him?" This time my sister spoke up. "You always liked Alexander so we went with that." I do like that name but this time I probably would have named him after his father. That brought up another question. Do they know who the father is? "We haven't given him a middle name, how about Bruce?" Tony smirked and I went red. I guess they do know.

"How did you find out?" Steve cleared his throat. "We didn't know not at first. It wasn't till recently when Bruce returned that we found out. When we DNA tested the whole aircraft we never thought of him and he didn't know you were pregnant or even hurt. We decide it was best not to tell him while he was trying to get the Hulk under control which he did."

That surprised me but I was glad that his anger issues were better. "Where is he?" I looked to Nat. "He is resting. We had some visitors earlier and he had to go Hulk to protect Alex." I have only been a mom for five minutes but that statement had my heart racing. "Is he all right?" Steve took pity on me and answered.

"He is fine, Bruce had him hidden. When he picked Alex up after the fighting had ended he was still in Hulk mode and the kid wasn't even scared." I smiled. I was happy that Alex wasn't frightened of his dad even if he was green. I gave Nat a look letting her know we need to talk. "Alright boys Emma needs her rest and you guys can only be handled in small doses."

After they were gone Nat sat on the bed. "What's up Emma, I made the boys leave so we could have girl time. You can ask me anything you want." I fiddled with the covers nervously. "I need to know how did you take the news that Bruce was the father?" She smirked.

"Not well at first but I have come to terms with it. I need you to know that a little gamma was found in Alex DNA. Bruce says its not something to worry about till he is a teenager but we didn't want Shield to know. We all agreed that we didn't want him treated like an experiment."

I nodded glad that they were looking out for my little boy. There was something that has been bothering me since I awoke. "Nat where is Thor and Hawkeye?" She didn't look up when she answered.

"Fury has been keeping them busy since we defeated Loki. A lot of alien technology including the weapons have gone missing. They come to see us from time to time but Thor spends a lot of time with Jane. Hawkeye feels guilty about what happened to you since his arrow bomb caused it. He can't handle more then a day every couple of weeks."

When he comes back I will have to let him know that I don't blame him. He was under Loki control and I know if it wasn't for that he would have never hurt me. "Emma I have to know, do you love Bruce?" I was stunned by her question. "I don't know, I thought there could have been something but after we spent that one magical night together he basically ignored me. I was going to confront him but the explosion happened now it might be to late. I am tired Nat I am going to go to sleep." She got up and kissed my forehead.

"Sweet dreams little sis I am so happy you are back with us." After she left I laid there thinking of all the time lost and what could have been between Bruce and I. Raising our son together and maybe another one on the way. I stared to cry, I closed my eyes and let sleep take me away to a place where anything was possible. A place where you could hear a child's laughter and strong arms held you close through the worst of time.

Nat POV

I don't like see Emma so unhappy. I wonder if Bruce knows how Emma feels. Does he have feelings for her too? It's about time I find out. I started up the stairs, his room was two flights up. when I got to his floor I took a right. His room was the the third one. I knocked and heard him call to come in. There he was laying on the bed. "Nat what is it, I was trying to sleep." I raised my eyebrow.

"Haven't you heard the news?" He shakes his head. "Emma is awake." He was silent. "Don't you care?" That got his attention. "Of course I care but nothing can come from it." I felt like shaking him, he is so frustrating. "She is a wake. She cares for you. You care for her. This isn't complicated, go for what you want cause if you don't you will regret it." With that I left. All I can do is hope that he follows my advice.

Bruce POV

When Natasha was gone I was left speechless. Could it really be that easy? Could I confess my feelings without Emma turning me away? I was floored when Natasha said Emma was awake, but I was also happy. There was a chance we could be a family. I took a calming breath and headed to sick bay. When I got there I saw that Emma was asleep.

There was tears stained on her cheek. Was that because of me? Did I hurt her without even meaning to? Did she blame me as I blamed myself for her accident? I lightly brushed my thumb against her cheek. When I pulled my hand away from her I heard a whimper and I smiled.

It would seem that my touched didn't disgust her as I had feared. To know for curtain I would have to wait till she woke up. So I sat in the chair by the bed and held her hand. I was a bit tired so I closed my eyes just to get a couple winks.

Please comment and vote if you liked it and want more.