THE CALL

Harry spent the next days at home without doing anything meaningful. He slept until noon, watched TV for hours and ate a lot of junk food. On Friday morning he woke up because of the ringing of his phone. When he turned to the left he noticed that Louis was really gone. It had been two days only but it felt like months and the pain in his heart was still strong as he looked at the empty side of the bed. The thought of their fight made Harry sad. He knew that he had said some nasty things to Louis and he was aware of the fact that he probably should have apologized but he couldn't change it. He was still pissed and disappointed so it was okay that Louis wasn't there. Harry let out a loud sigh while he got up and walked over to the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hi Harry! It's Jay!"

Harry frowned. Why was Louis' mum calling him?

"Louis left for LA this morning and I was wondering how you're doing."

Harry hadn't realized that it was Friday already. He just sat there in silence without answering. Had Louis told his mum about their fight?

"Are you still there, love?" Jay asked, interrupting Harry's thoughts.

"Oh yes, yes. I'm here. Sorry," Harry answered quickly and cleared his throat.

"You must be very sad about the fact that he has to work over Christmas and you should know I'm very sorry that you can't spend it together as you've planned." Jay's voice sounded normal so obviously Louis hadn't told his mum anything.

"Unfortunately," the boy sighted. Harry really didn't want to talk much and Jay mentioning Louis only made the pain sting worse than anything.

"Where will you spend Christmas this year, Harry? Will you follow Anne and your family to Thailand?"

Harry shook his head although he knew Jay couldn't see him.

"No, I . . . I think I'll be home on my own," Harry said quietly.

"Oh no, Harry! I won't let you be alone at Christmas. You're invited to spend Christmas with us this year. You know you're always welcome here and I'm sure the kids would love having you around. Phoebe and Daisy haven't stopped asking me about you visiting again since you were here the last time and the twins have nearly learned to pronounce your name! It would be a nice surprise for them," Jay chuckled, ". . . they're obsessed with you. I would be happy too if you joined us." Jay said. "You can come over today or tomorrow, as you like. We've planned many fun things to do before Christmas like baking cookies, buying a tree, decorating the house, going to the cinema, grocery shopping . . . you could be with us so you wouldn't have to sit alone. Would you like to? You can stay until Louis comes back from LA if you like."

Jay had always been a sweet person and Harry loved Louis' family dearly. He knew she really meant it and he had to admit that everything would be better than staying on his own at Christmas. He should probably spend Christmas with the Tomlinsons. The fight was still bothering Harry and it hurt that that Louis left without a word and it hurt that he wouldn't be there.

Suddenly something snapped inside of his head. What if his stay at the Tomlinson's house would hurt Louis as much as Louis' refusal had hurt Harry? Louis would probably be jealous that Harry could spend the best time of the year with Louis' loved ones while he had to stunt with Danielle, Briana and the baby. Harry would have a decent time while his boyfriend was away. Harry thought that would be sort of a revenge for him and it took him only seconds to decide that he would definitely join them the next day.

"Maybe you're right," Harry said slowly. "Thank you for the offer, Jay. I think I'll stay with you. But are you sure that I won't bother you . . ."

"Harry!" Jay said in a sharp tone, ". . . stop thinking that. You're invited and you know that we love spending time with you. I won't accept a no anyway!" Harry could hear Jay smiling. "Deal?"

Jay's tone forced a smile out of Harry.

"Okay, okay, deal. I promise. I'll spend Christmas with you. But I still have to pack and get the girls some presents. At what time could I arrive tomorrow? Have you planned anything?" Harry asked.

"Don't buy too many things, okay? Well, we'll go grocery shopping around eleven so if you want to join us you could arrive earlier. Fizzy and Lottie will be with a friend so there won't be anyone at home for about two or three hours. So either you come around half past ten or around two, as you like."

"I think I'd like to join you then. Thank you so much, Jay. That's really nice of you." Harry tried to sound happier than he really was. He loved Jay and her family, he loved them very, very much but without Louis . . . this was weird.

"Great. I won't tell the girls anything and I'm so happy that you'll be with us!"

They continued talking for a while until Harry finally ended the call because he had to wee and ease the pain that was still torturing him. The emptiness in his heart hurt more than the cuts that ripped his skin open again and again until the blood ran down his arms in streams.