Just Bonds

Kid Gohan x Saiyan [Teen]!Reader

Requested by: @NorthernLion196

     You push (h/c) hair from your face as you walk down the hall of the spaceship. Alongside you is a little boy several years younger than you. Even though he is half-human, and you a fully-blooded alien, you two formed a bond since he and his friends came to Namek. It is more like a protective-sibling bond. The boy, calling himself Gohan, was around 5 or 6, as for you, were in your teens. So it is natural for you to be protective of the rather sweet little hybrid. Following close by is Krillin, a friend of Gohan's father. The last but least was someone you knew fairly well: the Saiyan Prince, Vegeta.

     Currently he is leading you and the two Earthlings to a storage room. Unlocking a shelf or so, he tosses you and the two others some armor. Yours was currently ripped up from the fight with Recoome and Ginyu; new armor is a relief for you. After slipping on your improved clothing, you glance over at Gohan and Krillin. They are inspecting their armor with confusion. You chuckle. "Uh... how do ya put this on?" The bald human asks. "Is there a switch or something?" Adds the half-Saiyan next to him. You walk over, right as Vegeta whips his head toward them. You kneel down and take the small armor suited for your young friend. "You just slip it on. It's elastic." You demonstrate by stretching the waist section of the armor. Gohan smiles, taking the Saiyan armor and copies you. "Oh... stretchy!" He says with a laugh. You cover your mouth and smile. He then puts it on with ease, as does Krillin.

     Gohan looks up at you with a big grin. "It's so light! Thanks, (y/n)!" He says. You smirk a little and ruffle his black hair. "Heh. No problem, buddy." Krillin chuckles. "Wow. So you wear this sort of armor all the time?" You nod. "Yeah. It was the first sort of outfit I wore. Well, the only one," you honestly reply with a shrug.

     You had been a soldier for Lord Frieza since you were Gohan's age. Forced to fight by your dying parents' wish, you grew to hate Frieza; since he had destroyed your home and nearly your alien race. You grew to be as cruel as Vegeta until you met Gohan and his friends. It had been a month or so since they've been here. You started to soften a little for your young friend's sake, and now you knew you were not the only Saiyan left in existence. You had Goku, Gohan's father, Gohan, and Vegeta as proof that your race still lives on.

                        You smile.

     "(Y/n)? (Y/n)!" You snap from your thoughts, finding yourself watching Vegeta place Goku in a healing tank. Gohan is looking up at you in confusion. "Are you okay, (y/n)?" He asks in concern. His eyes are wide, yet calm. "Huh? Yeah, I'm alright. Just thinking." The boy only nods, then smiles. "Okay." You turn your head to Vegeta. "So what now, Vegeta?" You question. He scowls at you for a second. "Nothing. We wait." Your (h/c) brows begin to furrow. "Wait? That's it? So we're gonna wait until Frieza comes knockin' on our door? So practical, Mr. Prince," you answer sarcastically. Said Prince growls and folds his arms, and looks away in a huff. "Ya know Vegeta, (y/n) has a point. We can't stand around while Frieza kills off the Namekians," Krillin sides with you. Vegeta "hmphs" and doesn't say anything else. You sigh. "C'mon, you two. Let's go gather the Dragon Balls," you suggest as the Prince falls asleep next to Goku's healing tank. They agree and the three of you begin to explore the spaceship.

The trio consisting of you and the two Earthlings splits up. You go alone, while Gohan and Krillin explore together. You pass a couple rooms before you reach a large room, all to familiar to you. "Frieza's chamber..." you breathe silently, quietly stepping in. After several steps forward, five large, glowing orbs lay near the window. You poke your head out of the room. "Gohan, Krillin! I found them!" You call.