Gavin x Jimmy

You wouldn't believe the things I see when I'm with my brother. Ghosts, ghouls, monsters.. All kinds of things. It's never a dull day. But.. I would be lying if I said I didn't have a favorite.

    I would say it was a year ago. Maybe two. I was tagging along with my brother, Toast, and Ghost. From what they said, it was just a simple haunted house case. But then again.. Ghost was the one who said that.

    Things were going smoothly at first. Mysteries, puzzles, and the occasional scare. But.. This one room. This one room,with blood on every wall, and a horrific stench.. Reminding me of raw meat.

    It wasn't until Ghost stepped in.. He froze at the sight, his eyes seeming to shrink. He looked petrified, while Toast tried to bring him back to consciousness. All I could do was stand there.

    Out of nowhere, he hunched over, holding his head. High pitched laughing was heard. But.. I wasn't afraid.

    "Ah, finally! I felt like I was going insane there for a while~!" Er..

    "Uh.. Hi?" Was all I could muster. His attention flicked to me.

    "Oh? A newcomer! The name's Jimmy Casket, world's most infamous murderer!" Murderer? "And you are?" His wide smile stayed.

    "Me? Oh, I'm Gavin Toast." His expression turned to excitement.

"Ooh~ So, another Toaster. How's it like, being British and all?"

"Huh? Oh, no, I'm not actually British."

"No.. Awesome! So does he annoy you too?" Where did this personality come from?

"Heh, yeah, he's pretty apologetic for my taste."

"Erm, I'm right h-"

"Boy, I can imagine! Being stuck with that accent all day, ugh! I feel your pain."

"Jee, thanks. But aren't you supposed to kill me? You know, being a murderer and all?" He sighed and crossed his arms.

"Oh, right.. Truth be told, Ghost has been everywhere all day. His stamina is mine, too, you know. He probably planned it, too.." Jimmy scowled. "So, I guess I'll have to let you off the hook.. And Toaster."

"Hooray!"

"Don't do that again, Toasty. Alright, your stupid tea." I flinched.

"Wait! I.. I wanna be friends!" I accidentally blurted out. He raised a brow at me.

"Friends with a killer. Now that's a new one.. Eh, sure. What do I have to lose?"

I still remember his smile when he said that. It looked.. Sane. Today.. We're more than just friends..

••••

     Requested by SinnerBeSinning