three

albus (2:25pm): rose please help me

albus (2:27pm): rose

albus (2:35pm): roooooooooooooose

albus (2:38pm): fine, i'll ask teddy :( but know i hate u

albus (2:40pm): HUGO WOULD BE HERE IN MY TIME OF NEED

- - -

albus (2:40pm): teddy can u help me

teddy (2:42pm): Sure Al, what's up?

albus (2:43pm): hypothetically how would i make scorpius malfoy fall in love w me....

albus (2:43pm): hypothetically of course....

teddy (2:45pm): Of course. Hypothetically

albus (2:45pm): right.....

teddy (2:46pm): Honestly kid, I don't think you even need to do anything

albus (2:47pm): what???? that is not helpful teddy!! is this some kind of 'be yourself' bullshit? bc that is sucky advice!! have you MET me?!

teddy (2:47pm): Jesus Christ I'd forgotten how dramatic you are Albus

albus (2:48pm): hOW DARE

teddy (2:50pm): I just meant that, judging by the few times I've met him since he's come over, he's already in love with you.

- - -

Albus stares down at his phone in shock, because never in a million, billion years would he have considered the fact that Scorpius could actually have feelings for him. I mean, he'd flirted with him, but mostly jokingly. He'd thought Scorpius was blushing more out of embarrassment at a stupid situation than anything else, he'd never thought it could be because...he felt the same.

Good lord, Scorpius might feel the same.

Albus' heart starts beating so hard in his chest, and all he can do is stare down at his phone with shaking hands. Rose has texted him back by now, but he can't even be bothered to look at her texts.

Scorpius could feel the same.

Just as he allows that thought to cross his mind, like really cross his mind, Scorpius walks into the dorm. He's carrying a bunch of books from the library, and he smiles over at Albus as he walks in.

"Hey," he says. "Rose told me to tell you she's sorry for not answering your texts, she and I were hanging out in the library."

The glee in Albus' heart immediately goes cold, and his stomach goes numb. Rose. Of course it would be Rose. His cousin is lovely and kind, perfect for someone like Scorpius, who is lovely and kind as well. It was stupid to think it could be him.