seven

scorpius (8:23pm): Hey, where are you? I haven't seen you today.

albus (8:23pm): awwww babe are u missing me? ;)

scorpius (8:25pm): No. Absolutely not, no.

albus (8:25pm): not even a little? :(

scorpius (8:26pm): I said no.

albus (8:26pm): WHY U ALWAYS LYIN

albus (8:26pm): WHY U ALWAYS LYIN

scorpius (8:27pm): Oh my God. Please stop.

albus (8:27pm): mmmMMMY GOD

scorpius (8:28pm): AT THIS RATE YOU'RE GOING TO MAKE ME NOT MISS YOU AT ALL.

albus (8:28pm): so u did miss me ;) ;) ;)

scorpius (8:29pm): I hate you so much.

albus (8:30pm): sure u do angel

- - -

"What are you blushing at?"

At the voice, Scorpius jumps and shoves his phone in his pocket. "Um, I'm not..."

"You never blush," Rose says, grinning. "Come on, then. Show me!"

"N-No..." Scorpius swallows hard, starting to panic a bit. He loves Rose, she's one of his best friends...but he doesn't know if Albus is out to his family or not, and the last thing he would want is to out Albus or inconvenience him in any way.

Rose is still grinning in this way Scorpius doesn't like, advancing towards him. "Come on, Scorpius!"

"Why are you bullying him?" Fred asks, strolling into the garden eating an apple. 

"Something's got him all flustered and he won't tell me what," Rose frowns. 

Fred sits next to Scorpius on the ground, leaning mostly on him. "It's probably Albus."

Scorpius jolts upright so quickly Fred chokes on his apple. "What? It is not!"

Fred rolls his eyes. "Scorpius, it definitely is."

"Shut up, Fred. We're just friends."

Rose's eyes are narrowed at the side of Scorpius' face, he can feel it. "You're still blushing."

Scorpius puts his hands to his cheeks. "That's because you guys are embarrassing me!"

"Awww, poor, little, flustered Scorpius," Fred coos teasingly, pinching Scorpius' cheek.

Scorpius slaps his hand away. "You guys are awful!"

Fred just laughs, and Rose sits beside her cousin, laying her head in his lap. 

"So you're going to tell us then, right?" Fred asks after a brief silence. 

Scorpius rolls his eyes. "Won't you just let it go? It was so nice sitting in silence!"

Fred throws a handful of dirt at him. "Come ooooon!"

"Stop it!"

"Just admit you were blushing because of Albus, and we'll stop," Rose grins, tickling Scorpius' side right where she knows he's ticklish.

Scorpius squirms a bit, biting back a laugh. "Rose! Stop!"

She tickles him more until Scorpius' face is red and flushed and he can't stop laughing. Worse, Fred has pinned his arms down, so Scorpius couldn't wiggle free despite how much he wants to.

"Tell us!"

"Tell you what?" Albus' voice asks, and when Fred lets him go, Scorpius scrambles to his feet and to Albus' side, away from Rose.

"Rose caught him blushing down at his phone and he won't tell us why," Fred explains, "so we thought we'd, uh, torture it out of him."

"Blushing, huh?" Albus says, smiling in that same, wicked way Rose was. Scorpius immediately doesn't like it. "Why were you blushing, Scorpius?"

Scorpius glares. "Don't."

"No, I'm curious, too," he continues, still grinning.

"I hate all of you!"

"Aw, baby, don't be like that," Albus finally laughs, putting an arm around Scorpius' shoulders.

"Baby?" Rose and Fred repeat at the same time, beaming.

Scorpius just shakes his head, burying his face in his hands.

"Yeah, if he was blushing it's probably my fault," Albus laughs, way too proud of himself. Scorpius still refuses to say anything, face still covered.

"Albus..."

"What, sweetheart?"

Scorpius uncovers his face a tiny bit. "I..."

Albus suddenly goes pale. "Do you not want to be out?" he asks in a hushed voice. "I'm so sorry! I didn't even think! Rose, Fred, I --"

"No!" Scorpius shouts over him. "I just...I didn't wanna out you..."

The tension in Albus' shoulders disappears. "Merlin's beard, I got really scared for a second there." Then his face softens. "You're so fucking sweet. I love you so much," he says in a rush, face tender and soft, eyes all crinkled at the corners, and before Scorpius can even tell him to shut up, Albus kisses him.

Scorpius genuinely would've forgotten Rose and Fred were there if not for the loud shriek Rose let out. Scorpius immediately breaks the kiss and hides his face in Albus' chest, and Albus can't help but laugh.

"I'm telling your dad!" Rose shouts, fumbling for her phone.

"No, don't! I've got to tell him," Albus frowns.

Rose huffs. "Fine, I'm telling my dad."

"No! You know he'll tell mine, Rose, they're always texting each other! Just keep it hush for now, please."

Rose frowns. "Fine."

Albus glares at Fred now. "You're being far too quiet."

Fred finally beams. "I'm trying to pick what filter to put on that video of you guys kissing."

"Oh, Fred! Come on!" Albus shouts. "Were you even listening to what I said to Rose!?"

Fred looks confused. "...Did you not just hear me say I was trying to pick a filter? This is important work, Albus."

It takes an incredible amount of restraint (and maybe the fact that Scorpius is still hiding his face in his neck) to keep Albus from strangling his cousin to death.