Part I

Catching Fire

'At some point, you have to stop running and face whoever wants you dead

'At some point, you have to stop running and face whoever wants you dead. The hard part is finding the courage to do it.'

- Katniss Everdeen

.=.=.=.=

'That whole love-crazed, besotted schoolgirl routine. Impressive. Truly. You convinced the people in The Capitol,' President Snow stated as he looked across the large wooden desk at Katniss; 'Unfortunately, not everyone in the districts fell for it. I mean, you can't know this, but in several of them, people viewed your little trick with the berries as an act of defiance. Not as an act of love.'

The grey haired man paused for a moment, letting his words settle within Katniss; the girl looking at him with a blank face as she waited for him to continue.

'And if a girl from District 12 of all places can defy The Capitol and walk away unharmed, what is to prevent them from doing the same?' He questioned; 'What is to prevent, say, an uprising? That can lead to revolution. And then, in a fraction of time, the whole system collapses.'

'It must be a fragile system, if it can be brought down by just a few berries,' Katniss replied as she looked him dead in the eye.