20

.=.=.=.=

=

.=.=.=.=

Venus laid on Finnick's chest, looking up at the roof as he played with her hair. She didn't speak, and hadn't spoken since her breakdown at the hospital which had been two days ago. Everyone was worried about her, including Katniss who had heard the whole thing after being admitted to the hospital with severe gunshot wounds. The girl hated herself for what she had done to everyone, how she had made everyone feel; especially Tommy, Finnick and Johanna.

She sighed before she sat up, running her hands through her hair. Venus stood, leaving Finnick without a word, moving to the bathroom where she sat on the edge of the bath tub. She stared out into the air, her fingers threaded through her hair as tears began to fall down her face. She was an emotional wreck. Her depression had hit back full force, causing each day to get harder and harder.

Finnick stood silently outside the doorway of the bathroom, listening to his girlfriend cry quietly; his hands bound into fists out of anger towards the Capitol. He closed his eyes as tears began to fall, wanting to be strong for Venus. The man released his hands from their fists and finally entered the small room, grabbing Venus' hands before gently pulling her up and into his chest; wrapping his arms securely around her.

'How about we go for a walk to take your mind off things?' He asked.

Venus shook her head, sniffling as she gripped his shirt in her hands.

'How about you have a sleep, then we'll think about going for a walk? Above ground?' He tried again.

The girl nodded then, tucking her head in the crook of his neck after he picked her up. She lay almost limp in his arms as he carried her, her breathing already slowing as she was lulled to sleep by his heartbeat. He placed her down on their bed, reaching down his kiss her forehead; leaving the door open a sliver. The man walked through the small apartment then, looking for the youngest Hereford who he found in his room, reading. Finnick sat down beside Tommy, the boy looking up at him curiously.

'Hey Fin,' Tommy greeted.

'Hey Tom,' He replied.

'What's up?'

'I wanted to ask you something.'

'Ok.'

.=.=.=.=

Venus' eyes looked around the vibrant green tree line in awe, it had been a long time since she had been outside. Her bare feet stood comfortably amongst the grass and dying leaves, as she slowly spun herself around to take it all in. As she stopped again, she was facing Finnick; an adoring smile on his face as he watched her. Her own smiled lit up her lips, her eyes soon began to wander the backdrop behind him.

'It's so beautiful,' She stated in awe.

'It is,' Finnick agreed.

'There's only one thing missing.'