Sorry

I was sitting under the willow tree during first period. I had decided to cut class.

Rstl-rstl~

"Huh?" I turned to see blue eyes staring down at me. "Shu-kun?" I whispered and looked down at my lap.

"Liu, I'm sorry." My eyes widened. I had never heard any of the Sakamakis apologize to Yui or even to each other. "I know what I said and what I did was wrong. You found and protected my brothers and me when the Mukamis attacked. It's our fault you became a
half-blood." I hid my face in the hood. "Hey-"

"Thanks, Shu." I stood up and walked away. He appeared in front of me.

"You're making such an effort to leave, and why?" He grabbed my hand "I'm really sorry." I wiped the beginnings of a tear from my eye.

"It's ok. I forgive you." He leaned in and hugged me. Once he pulled away, I could see that he seemed to be relieved by my response. He held my arms so that my shoulders were scrunched upwards.

He's so much taller than me...

He looked down at me and smirked.

"Pervert." He purred. I blushed and pushed his hands away.

"Wha!? That's Laito's job!" He chuckled at my response.

"You're right." He leaned down "and mine-" he pressed his lips to mine and my eyes shot open.

H-he's kissing me!?

He was careful, and his lips were soft on mine. His lips were cold, and mine were warm, making us reach a subtle harmony between the two extremes.

Always aiming paper airplanes at me when you're around

We pulled away and sat beneath the tree together

You build me up like building blocks just so you can break me down

"You know..."

You can crush my candy cane, but you'll never catch me cry

"I can make the pain go away." He wrapped his arm around me

If you dangle that diploma and I dead you, don't you be surprised

"Now why would I want to do that?"

I know my A,B,C's, yet you keep teaching me

I say fuck your degree, Alphabet Boy.

Shu smiled. "Knowing you, you wouldn't."

You think you're smarter than me with all your bad poetry

Fuck all your A,B,C's, Alphabet Boy.

"Shu, there's a question I've always wanted to ask you."

"Ask away."

"What kinds of music do you listen to?"  He pulled out a single earbud and slipped it into my hand. I gingerly held it to my ear. Coming from the MP3 player was an array of amazing sounds. A violin sang, accompanied by a piano and some woodwind instruments.

"Classical is the best." He smiled

"I can see why you like it." I closed my eyes. The music was soft and comforting.
"Hey! Don't fall asleep on me!" He shook my shoulders. I jolted upright

"S-sorry!" I handed back the bud. He tucked it back into his ear and looked at me.

"Liu...weren't your eyes grey before?" I nodded. "Why're they red?" I placed my hands over my eyes. "Hey- don't do that." He pulled my hands from my face and held my arms tightly to my sides. "I won't let anything happen to you. You're mine now." He clutched me to his chest and pulled my blazer off my shoulder. His fangs brushed my skin and then he bit down.

~~~