Chapter Two: The Call

Gerald

She flicked her purple hair over her shoulder and bent down to grab her phone. Which gave me a perfect view of her ass. She stood up and caught me staring.
"Take a picture it'll last longer there G."
She shook her head as she dialed his number and put the phone on speaker.
"Hey babe-"
I cut him off," Look James, you're a cheater and you need to leave this beautiful woman alone. Kylie is too good for you and yet she still gave you a chance. That opportunity she gave to you, you took and threw away, I'm her new man. If you contact Kylie again I will make sure you no longer have fucking teeth. Am I fucking understood?"
"You have no clue what you just started," James spit into the phone.
"What I started? Bitch you got me fucked up. You started the shit by contacting Ky and now you're threatening me? Oh hell no dude, you aren't gonna do shit."
I winked over at Kylie even though she wasn't paying attention. She looked as if she was crying. Then I hear her giggle.
"Yeah, new dude keep talking like you're big and bad, and you'll find out who the real James Parker really is."
"Fuck the fuck up dude. Bye"
Before he could respond I click end.
Kylie's dying laughing behind the counter labeling CDs. She reaches across the counter and puts a Hip-Hop 12.99 sticker on me.
"Really, I'm only worth thirteen bucks?"
"Yep," she says popping the p.
"How's about I prove to you that I'm worth more than thirteen dollars?"
"And how will you do that?"
"What time do you get out?"
"Three-thirty why?"
"You're gonna go home and change into your favorite clothes and I'll pick you up at five-thirty so I can prove to you I'm worth way more than thirteen dollars."
She nods and starts typing on the register.
"Your total today is $30.72," I swipe my card.
The receipt prints out, she takes it and writes her number on it.
"Thank you for shopping at Arctic Music, have a nice day."
I smile at her and grab the bag holding my CDs,"see you at five-thirty gorgeous."