*Chapter 8 • Nuisance*

"You didn't think to tell me you brought another human here?" The man in the grey suit steams.

Bumblebee rolls his optics and whizzes quietly, covering the sides of his head with his servos to drown out the shouting. Raf suppresses a smile, biting his bottom lip harshly. Miko presses her face into the couch and tries to suffocate herself so she won't have to listen to the spat. Bulkhead hits his helm against the wall every time the yelling got louder in volume. Jack presses a palm to his forehead, along with Arcee who seemed just as agitated. Ratchet didn't care in the slightest, seeing as he worked away without complaint. In all reality, he was probably happy you and Optimus were being scolded like little sparklings.

"Agent Fowler, please calm down." Optimus sighs deeply, rubbing the side of his helm with his free servo.

"Calm down? I'm required to know everything that goes on around here!" Agent Fowler stomps his foot once with arms crossed over his chest. "Let me see her."

Hearing those words, you cling to Optimus' thumb and shake your head up at him, eyes glossy. Optimus' optics dim and his lips curve downwards into a frown. Would be actually abandon you like that? He knows your weaknesses, he knows you.

"With all respect Agent Fowler, I can not do that."

An uncontrollable grin claws at your lips and you nuzzle your forehead lovingly against the warm thumb that kept you from falling. To make the moment even better, the look on Fowler's face was priceless.

"And why not?" Agent Fowler breathes out to keep himself from exploding. Not like he already has. Everyone suspiciously eyes his clenched fists.

"We may be in the middle of a war with the Decepticons, to which you must get all information about," Optimus starts, gazing at you with such fondness. The way his starry optics rolled over your skin was like you were the only thing to look at for miles. He simply adores you. "But I am her guardian, her charge. Her safety, mental health, and her happiness rests upon me. I am required to know who she is, including what she is terrified of. She is afraid of you, Agent Fowler. Therefore, I can not let you see her until she is ready."

At this point, Agent Fowler was hanging by a thread, mouth open at the rude awakening that he was denied by the Prime that had never disobeyed his commands before. You gape at the mech holding you up with darkened cheeks and a bright, toothy smile. You admired the way he uses his words to soothe the room in the most tense situations. Optimus bites back a smile at the way you peered up at him with thanks. Just the way you held onto his thumb was enough in return.

"Oh! You basically just got told to back off from his girlfriend." Miko calls out with hands cupped around her mouth to up the dramatic effect.

"Miko, shut up. Now is not the time." Raf murmurs in disapproval.

Agent Fowler shakes off the shock and rubs his temples, thinking everything over. You lean over the edge of Optimus' hand to get a good look at the man that had suddenly barged in without permission. Your eyes narrow menacingly.

"How can you focus on the missions when she is getting in the way? She is just another nuisance." A sarcastic, throaty laughs echoes.

"Hey! Watch your mouth!" Miko shrieks.

Agent Fowler strikes a nerve deep within your system. If Optimus is busy, then you don't want to be the one holding him from his duties and be a nuisance. You motion Optimus to put you down and he raises an optic ridge at you, unsure. Still, it was your decision and he respects it, crouching down and lower his servo to the floor. You glide off the warmth of his hand while Miko races down the steps to greet you, seeing as she hadn't been able to get up close and personal in awhile.

Before she can get to your fuming figure to grasp it tight, her feet skid to a stop when you step in front of Agent Fowler with eyes holding something unfamiliar, something that doesn't match your personality. The intent the hurt. You lift your hand and forcefully slap the side of Fowler's cheek, lips pressed together in a thin line.

"They are not nuisances." You growl through clenched teeth.

You turn on your heel and storm out of the room with everyone watching you in disbelief. Especially Optimus who thought you wouldn't hurt a fly. Raf, Jack, and Miko trail after you, seeing as you had left the base completely.

"I'll go make sure nothing happens." Arcee leaves as well, unable to stomach the situation very well.

The room goes silent, no one saying a word. Agent Fowler pressed a hand to his now stinging cheek to somewhat dull the pain. Ratchet, the one who hadn't made the biggest reaction unlike the rest of his family, looked fairly amused at the red spot on Fowler's face. Optimus, still crouched close to Fowler, offers an obedient nod.

"I apologize for her attitude, Agent Fowler, but you had no right to say the things you did. For now, keep the anger to yourself. We will talk later." The Prime stands and leaves the base to accompany the other in search for you.

•••

Out by the road, you sat with your knees pulled up to your chest. The sun beat down on your slender frame as you did nothing to get under some shade. Jack hangs out in the background with Arcee while Raf and Miko quicken their pace to reach you.

"(Y/n), are you okay?" Raf bends down and pats your shoulder.

"You really took one for us in there. That was so cool!" Miko jumps around with a smile. Raf gives her a look of, 'you got to be kidding me' and shakes his head.

"You guys are not nuisances. I hope you know that." You mumble into your knees, still staring straight ahead.

"We know, (Y/n). Thank you for defending us. You're not a nuisance either. I noticed how you said 'you guys' and not 'we'." Raf sits down in the dirt beside you, rubbing your back.

Miko spots Optimus, Jack, and Arcee coming up in the corner of her eye, a fangirl-like smile eating away at her lips. Her hand latches onto the back of Raf's shirt and drags him away from comforting you.

"Miko! Let me go!" Raf demands, clawing at the back of his shirt.

"Arcee, Jack, you two come with me back to base! I have things I need to tell you in private." Miko winks at them all, trying to be sneaky and not let Optimus see. He still did.

"Miko, we know what you're doing-..." Arcee is cut off by a 'yip yip yip' like Ratchet always does.

"No arguing with me! Come on." Miko lures them back inside the base, leaving only Optimus in their presence.

Your heart rate increases when you feel the ground rumble underneath you and two pedes pressing down into the dirt beside you. Optimus keeps his mouth sealed shut and sits down beside you. When he is finally settled, you scoot closer to his leg and cuddle up against the metal. Optimus' hand cups over the top of your body to shield you from the sun's searing rays.

For the next few minutes, the both of you sit in the quiet, enjoying every minute of peace together.

----

This chapter is unedited.
I put no forth effort into this chapter. Hope it was good enough. (Optimus was so OOC and I still don't give a fu-)

Congrats to OptimusIsAWaffle for getting 1k followers!