*Chapter 10 • Prepared to bleed*

All optics, and eyes, watch as Optimus rubs the side of his helm with one hand and press two digits to his outer opticlids, trying to drown out the voices asking him what had happened, where (Y/n) had gone, and why he was acting strange.

The Prime felt like he had failed. You were captured under his watch, under his protection. He took a vow with himself, a vow where he would never let you come to harm as long as he was around. Now here he is, standing in the middle of the base with an aching guilt eating away at his spark, at his sprinting thoughts. He didn't take the shot when he had the chance. If he had, what would have happened? What he have hit you? Would he have saved you just in time?

During that time, the rest of the team managed to make it back from a mission, a dreadfully boring mission of collecting energon from the Decepticon grasp. They made it back just in time for Optimus to radio in and ask for help, though, it was already too late by the time Bee and Smokescreen had stepped through the groundbridge. Even if poor little Smokescreen didn't know who he was trying to save, he tried his best, along with the yellow and black colored scout who also felt a heavy weight of guilt on his shoulders. All three felt like they had gotten you killed, as most likely would happen if they didn't get you back soon.

"Optimus," Ratchet calls out, snapping the leader back into his harsh reality. "We need answers."

"Sorry if I sound rude, but we need more than answers. We need the whole story. What happened while Smokescreen, Ultra Magnus and I were gone?" Wheeljack slides all his weight onto one pede with crossed arms.

Optimus removes the digits from rubbing at his closed optics, perplexed at his teammate's spat question. He has almost forgot that they were gone the whole time. The three don't know who you are, what your problems are, why you need, or needed, extra protection unlike Miko, Raf, and Jack.

With a heavy exhale from his air intake, Optimus prepares himself for a long explanation and the feelings that were going to stab at him like the sharp tip of a sword. Ultra Magnus watches from the background, not exactly having more than an opinion on the situation. He found it utterly ridiculous that Optimus, his fearless leader that he looks up to, has latched onto some human that is now posing a threat to the Autobots.

"While you three were away, I came across a woman unconscious on the sidewalk late at night while I was on patrol. After awhile, she became other extended family member. Someone I care for deeply..." Optimus trails off, his processor being clogging up with the thoughts of you possibly pleading for your life or being tortured for information.

The ones that had seen the connection you and Optimus have all share a frown, ignoring the shoulder shrugs and head shakes Wheeljack, Smokescreen, and Ultra Magnus signal to each other. They hadn't seen the way you and Optimus gaze at each other, or how you completely change the leaders attitude from stern and barely smiling to grinning from ear to ear.

Everyone, well, almost everyone, had already figured out that the two of you had fallen deep in love with each other. It was taking a lot more time for the Prime and the broken human to realize it. Though it may only be puppy love, the beginning of something more, it still meant something.

"What happened to (Y/n)?" Raf's soft voice pipes up, tapping his fingers together anxiously. Miko clings to Jack, her eyes pooling with worry.

"And what happened to you? Why are you bleeding?" Ratchet points down to Optimus' bleeding thigh.

Optimus tips his head to the side and eyes his energon dripping wound with an emotional looking face. He presses his hand over the large hole in the thigh and breathes in, no longer resisting the urge to confess his feelings anymore. Getting you back meant more to him than any other mission.

"I'm prepared to bleed for her," is all Optimus says. "I hope you all are."

•••

You struggle against the grip of your captor, still holding your throbbing and burning arm. Any small movement would send the feeling of needles, very large needles, poking at the damaged appendage. It spread like wildfire whenever Soundwave made the tiniest movements. When Soundwave realized this, he started to shuffle his pedes more, tilt his head or move you from side-to-side. He loved toying with you.

The others is the room, Megatron and Starscream, watch your squirming form, entertained. They had not personally seen a human up close before, and seeing the way you struggled and yelped, it was a very pleasant form of entertainment. You glare through the painful tears gathering up in your eyes, fingers laced around the skin holding together the broken bone. Megatron reaches out and plucks you from Soundwave's fingers, collecting you for himself.

"I think I'll keep you. It could be fun having a little pet to play with."

----

Dang. This chapter did not go anywhere. I apologize, guys. I caught a fever from my dad and I've been pretty sick. That's why you haven't gotten a chapter until today.

I did the best I could on this chapter. Sorry again.