5- No Idea

POV: Taylor
Location: Who The Hell Knows?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    She shoved a knife in my hands, then stepped behind me. In front of me, about ten feet away was a foam human target.

    "Throw it." Mrs. Ryan commanded.

    "I-I don't know how..." I muttered, feeling squeamish and awkward holding the knife I didn't know how to use.

    She sighed, "Just hold it by the handle and throw it at the target."

    I took a deep breath, my hands fidgeting as I tried to get a better hold on the cheap black handle of the knife. Sweat built up on my forehead. If I screwed this up, who knows what they'd do to me? I let go of the breath and brought the knife back and chucked it forward, letting out a small grunt as I threw it as hard as my small body could. The knife missed the target completely. I sighed and looked down at my feet. I was afraid she might hit me or stab me or hell, even kill me for not knowing how to throw a knife. She was certainly insane enough to do so.

    Instead, she just chuckled, "Taylor...that was pathetic, baby. Pathetic."

    She pulled took another knife from the table of knives she had beside her and placed it in my hand again, this time positioning me.

    "Spread your legs apart just a little" she said, standing behind me, whispering in my ear, "Bring it back and aim..." she tugged my skinny arm back behind my head and beside her face, "And throw." With her hand on top of mine, she helped me throw it forward, it hitting the target right in the heart. My eyes widened at the loud popping sound the knife made when it came in contact with the target, "There ya go." She whispered in my ear.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Mrs. Ryan and I worked on knife throwing for the rest of the day. That woman made me nervous. She was terrifying but strangely attractive. Maybe that was her goal; to make us trust her with her sexiness or something. Well it won't work, not in a million years will I ever trust this crazy woman who took my from my family. No matter how sexy she is.

    "So, what'd you do today?" Asked, Isaac, as we sat on the bed.

    "Knife throwing. You?" This is how our conversations had been going the last day and a half. We never knew what to say. This was all too much.

    "Hand to hand combat." Isaac sighed.

    "With Burly?!" I asked, shocked. How could Isaac still be alive after all that?

    "Hell no. I'd be dead if I fought him! It was this other dude that's working for Mrs. Bitch."

     I looked around, quickly, "Don't say that! She might hear you!" I said, whispering suddenly.

    "Oh yeah, she can totally hear me through this metal door!" Isaac rolled his eyes. Why wasn't he more afraid of all of this?

Suddenly the door flew open. 'She heard him! We're done for! I'm never gonna see Isaac again!' I thought to myself, my eyes widening and my breathing becoming heavier.

But instead it was another man who held two McDonald's bags, "Here." He threw them at us.

Our stomachs were rumbling. That was the first time they fed us the whole time we were there. But we stayed where we were; our eyes glued to his green irises. But as soon as he closed the door and left we tackled the bags filled with burgers and fries.

I stuffed a handful of fries into my mouth and Isaac took a huge bite of a Big Mac. We groaned in pleasure as we felt the food flow into our stomachs, giving us the nutrients we so desperately needed. Even if it was as unhealthy as McDonald's.

After eating all those salty fries I really wanted something to drink but I certainly wasn't complaining as I took a bite out of another Big Mac.

I was half way done with my Big Mac as the door swung open again. I paused mid-bite.

    Mrs. Ryan walked in with a gun in her right hand and the man who had given us food, clutched in her left by the collar of his black shirt.

    I dropped my burger as she walked in. She was going to kill someone. Someone in this room was going to be taking their last few breaths.

    "Rob." She addressed the man she held in her left hand, "Did you give our guests food?"

    Rob was sweating. It dripped down his chin, yet it wasn't even hot in the room. Somehow, he knew what was coming. He nodded.

    "Well where the hell are the drinks?! Do you expect them to die of thirst!? How dare you!" She yelled. She really was insane, "How could you possibly forget to give our guests at least a glass of water!? How would you like it if you died for absolutely no reason? Huh? I guess you'll find out..." she said, as she swiftly pressed the barrel of the gun to Rob's temple. For a split second before she pulled the trigger, I saw Rob's last bit of innocence flash, then disappear from behind his glowing green eyes. Unshed tears building as he took his last breath. Then, fell with a thud to the cold metal floor. I screamed as she pulled the trigger and Isaac jumped and gasped.

    "Do you see?" She asked us calmly. As if she hadn't just taken a human life. My eyes were wide and my Big Mac was about to make a reappearance, "I can kill anyone, anytime. This room is monitored so I can see and hear" she said, looking straight at Isaac, "Everything you do and say. This is a warning. This isn't a joke. Do what I say, and you'll be fine, disobey, and you'll pay the ultimate price, do you hear me?" She whispered the last part of her sentence.

    We nodded, silently.

   "I said, do you hear me?!"she yelled.

   "Yes, ma'am!" We said, in unison.

    She looked us both in the eyes, one at a time, and nodded her head, "good. Now, I will be back with water for you two. Tomorrow you will switch training techniques."

    She left the room, the door creating a large slamming sound. I gulped, trying to catch my breath. How could this be happening?

    Was this real? Was it in my head? Was I dreaming? Could I pinch myself and make it all go away? Would I open my eyes and be back in my room, the smell of bacon and eggs waking me from my slumber? Would I ever hear the sound of my little siblings screaming or wining or laughing again?

    The real answer to all those questions was I had no idea.