2. Antoine

I can’t take my eyes off Sophie who’s right now has sitting in the cafeteria with her two best friend. She slightly smiles while eat her chips and talk something I barely heard because of our distance. Whilst I’m just sitting here, watching over her like a stalker and a complete idiot.

Since she asked me to go home about two weeks ago, we’re barely talked to each other. She ignoring my called, my chatting line, my texted and she always avoided me whenever we’re accidentally crossed way in the school. She’s really kept her distance for me.

We’re really over, done, finish. And it hurts me.

We’re been in relationship for almost 4 years, even sometimes I felt so tired with her jealousy and possessive character, I never even imagine that our relationship will be over. Once, every time we fight or temporarily broke up, her Mum always called me and asked me if I could came around and talked about it with her nicely, and we would be back again.

That’s what I expected for the last two week after I left her under the pouring rain. As I guessed, her Mum really called me early Sunday morning to come around, I was a bit worried when I heard from her that Sophie has a fever because she walked home in the rain. And I thought, after she saw me appeared in her room that time, we would be fine, we would be back like we were used to be. Instead we never been alright anymore, and we never back together after she bitterly sent me away from her room.

I must admit it, to seeing her doing alright so far without me making me hurts a little, 4 damn years I’ve been with her, every day I was getting used to with her by my side, disturbing me whenever I was, her selfish, jealousy, slightly spoil teenage girl, the way she held my hand, or when her cheek turned to pink whenever I stole a kissed from her. I miss her so much.

How could she looked so fine with that and smiling over there when I had nothing to do except look at her in the distant and hoping she will asked me to back with her again?

“God, Antoine, I’ve been looking for you everywhere.” Someone pats my shoulder and I turn my face to saw my best friend’s face, Carlos Martin.

“What’s the matter?” I asked when he takes a seat in front of me, blocking my gaze to Sophie.

Carlos hands over a paper to me.  “Our newest football practice schedule.”

“Wait a minute, why our practice schedule turned to once in a week?” I asked after I read the paper.

Carlos shrugs. “We’re in the senior year, mate. Other teachers asked us to be more focus to studying than football practice. It happened to other school club as well.”

I nod couple time before I heard the bells ringing, the lunch is over. “Let’s go, we have same Spanish class after this, right?”

“You right.” I answered when I took a glance to where Sophie sat earlier but her table was empty. I exhaustedly sigh before move with Carlos.

“Are you alright, mate?” Carlos maybe realized my changing expression.

I nod. “Sure.”

****

After school time is over, I was heading off the football yard behind the school building to my practice this week with school football club. I bend down to fix my shoelaces when my eyes caught on Sophie who sitting on the bench not very far from football yard. She’s reading her book, maybe she was waiting for her music club to begin. And I was just like bewitched when I start to staring at her again. A smile curled on my lips.

But coach called my name and I was hurry to run a little around the yard, do a little stretching before we started to practice. I took a glance to Sophie one more time and she was sitting with a boy beside her. Who is he anyway? Why they’re look so close? And what is his relation with Sophie?

I lose my focus and I can’t take my eyes off Sophie and that boy, I was so pissed and jealous to saw both of them. She is laughing right now? How he could do that? How he could make my Sophie laughs like that? What was so great about him? Without I even notice that right now I was dribbling a ball under my feet close to the goal. My concentration was torn apart between ball and Sophie over there.

“Antoine, watch out!” even before I realize what will happened, one of defender try to stopped my with his tackle instead he kicked my ankle so hard. I was slipped away and fall on the ground, screaming.

I scream out loud, I feel my ankle so hurt, hurter than a cramp that I used to known. I saw my friend gathering around me and coach who appeared among them.

“He needs to takes to the hospital immediately, coach.” Carlos said, his face looks so pale to saw my ankle. Is it that bad?