J

JAMACIAN GINGER: Gambling luck

JASMINE: Uses include snakebite and divination; good for charging quartz crystals. Use in sachets and spells to draw spiritual love and attract a soul mate. Carry or burn the flowers to draw wealth and money. Use in dream pillows to induce sleep or burn in the bedroom to bring prophetic dreams. Helps to promote new, innovative ideas.

Also Called: Pikake, Ysmyn, Jessamin, Moonlight on the Grove.

JEZEBEL ROOT: Used for spells and castings for money and achievement. Also used to place curses and hexes.

JOB'S TEARS: Luck in finding employment, wishes, and blessing. Used in counts of 3 or 7 in charm and mojo bags to attract luck, wishes and money. Carrying three will assist in finding a good job. Count out seven seeds while concentrating on a wish, then carry the seeds with you at all times for seven days -- the wish should come true by the end of the week.

JUNIPER: Banishes all things injurious to good health; attracts good, healthy energies and love. Juniper berries can be carried by males to increase potency. Use a string of juniper berries to attract love. Burn for magickal protection. Place a sprig of juniper near the door to a home or with valuables to help safeguard against theft (but keeping locking the doors, too!). Use juniper oil in magickal workings to increase money and prosperity.

Also Called: Juniper Berries, Ginepro, Enebro, Wachholder.