O

OAK: The most sacred of all trees, its wood is often used in the making of magickal tools. Burn the leaves for purification. Use in fertility amulets. Hang a sprig in the home to ward of negativity and strengthen family unity. Carry for wisdom and strength, for luck, to preserve youthfulness, and/or to increase attractiveness.

Also Called: Duir, Jove's Nuts.

OAK MOSS: Magickal uses include luck, money, protection and strength.

OATMEAL: To invoke or worship Brighid.

OAT STRAW: Keep a small amount in wallet or purse to draw in money and prosperity.

OLIVES: Fidelity, marriage, peace, money. Assures fidelity in love and is used to attract a marriage partner. Inspires fruitfulness and security in love, family, and business.

OLIVE LEAF: Magickal uses include peace, potency, fertility, healing, protection and lust.

ONION: Prosperity, stability, endurance, and protection. Burn onion flowers to banish bad habits and negative influences. Cut onions in half and place in the corners of a room to absorb illness, then bury or burn the onion halves in the morning. Sacred to the moon.

ORANGE: Attracts abundance and happiness through love and marriage. Concentrate on a yes/no question while eating an orange, then count the seeds. An even number of seeds means the answer is no, an odd number of seeds means yes. Use the leaves and flowers in love rituals to bring on a marriage proposal. Add an infusion of orange to the bath to increase attractiveness and beauty.

ORANGE BERGAMOT: Money drawing. Put leaves in wallet or purse to attract money. Rub fresh leaves on money before it is spent to ensure its return.

Also Called: Bergamot, Orange Mint.

ORANGE BLOSSOMS: Attracts prosperity and stability; brings harmony, peace, emotional openness, and love. Use in herbal baths for attractiveness.

ORANGE PEELS: Magickal uses include love, divination, luck, money and house & business blessing. Add to love sachets to help someone make up their mind. Use in sachets & amulets to bring luck to business negotiations.

ORCHIDS: Concentration, strengthening memory, focus, and will power.

OREGANO: Joy, strength, vitality, and added energy

ORRIS ROOT(CUT): Promotes popularity, persuasiveness, and personal success. Aids communication and helps to open dialogs. Used to draw (or hold) love and romance. Add to the bath for personal protection.

Also Called: Florentine Iris, Queen Elizabeth Root.

ORRIS ROOT (POWDER): Used to bring love, romance, companionship and a loving mate. Called 'Love Drawing Powder' in voodoo/hoodoo. Add to sachets and sprinkle on sheets and around the house to draw or hold love. Place a pinch in the corners of the room to open a new love. Use in bath magick to attract the opposite sex.

Also Called: Love Drawing Powder, Florentine Iris, Queen Elizabeth Root.

OSHA ROOT: Protection against evil spirits.