Chapter 5

A/n: I'm so sorry for beeing such a shitty person and not remebering that I write books too, that apperantly some people enjoy and that really means a lot to me. Thanks CocelitoTan for the amazing message and the remider. I really appriciate it. Hope you enjoy this. It's about to go down. Enjoy!

Pacificas POV

After they took us to one of their chambers, Gideon exploded. He was hugging me and sobbing nonstop.
"I'm sorry! I'm sorry! So sorry!This is all my fault! If only I wouldn"'t had dragged you to the shore, none of this would've happened. I'm so stupid! I'm so so sorry Pacifica.. Pacifica?"

I couldn't even process what he was saying, but I got that he felt guilty. Even so, I couldn't even open my mouth to say something. Anything. I just looked at the floor with empty eyes.
My head felt like there was cotton stuffed inside. I was so shocked of what had happened, that I couldn't even think. My head was empty and I felt dull and nauseous.

Everything had happened so fast.... I couldn't... I couldn't save him. What will Bud think? What are they gonna do after the signal? What's gonna happen to Gideon? What's gonna happen to me??

Without even realizing it I was crying out of helplessness.
(A/n  Let's pretend mermaids have black tears like octopus ink)

"No G-Gideon! I-It's not y-your fault. I j-just wish I could've protect you!" seeing this, Gideon immediately went into a comforting mode, hugging and sushing me, but that only made me cry more, until my face was basically surrounded by black ink.
For a moment I think I heard a low growl from the other chamber. My crying must be bothering them, but I couldn't care less.
Then I turned to Gideon, who flushed the ink away with his hand.

"No, Paz!! You did all you could and I'm SO proud of you! And, heh, I mean... You did look super badass!" He smirked and wiggled his eyebrows.

I immediately laughed at his silliness. "Thanks Gideon!" Seeing me smile he immediately grinned from ear to ear. "Yes, quite so! Sir Gideon always knows how to brighten someone's mood!" He said sounding like an old British man. That just made me giggle more.

But I was stopped by Gideon who shushed me and made me listen. As I did, I heard faint snoring from the same room as earlier. We both tried to surpress our giggles.

"Hey, what time even is it??" Gideon then asked.

"Well it looks like the sun will be rising in just a few hours, so I think we should get as much sleep as possible, because I think tomorrow will be a long day" I said knowingly.

"Agree!" said Gideon as I sank in the bottom of the tank to sleep, Gideon joining me, hugging me and resting his head on my chest. Listening to my heartbeat, he slowly fell asleep and I did too soon after, thinking of what's gonna happen tomorrow.

(A/n He is her cousin, so it's nothing special.)

- Meanwhile in the bottom of the ocean -

Acid's POV

"Sir, there was nothing we could've done! She was already on the ship!!" I said for the forth time

"YOU'RE BLUFFIN'!! SHE SAVED YOU, YET YOU COULDN'T EVEN SAVE HER!!" Bud was beyond pissed. His temper could probably cause some great storms. I wouldn't be surprised.

Whether I like it or not, I can't shout at him. He is the king after all. The king of the Pacific ocean to be specific.

"MY SON AND NIECE ARE ON THE DAMN SHIP! GOD KNOWS WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO THEM AND YOU COULDN'T EVEN SAVE THEM" He continues to shout out of panic.