*08*

Suman was mortified. She remembered bits and pieces from last night, but what she remembered the most was how his lips felt upon her. Electrified — was the answer. She had never kissed before, however, reading about intense kisses and seeing them on screen she had a faint idea how to verbalize her feelings.

If that was how one feels after a kiss, then she would not mind being kissed throughout the day — though by the particular man. Shravan was spectacular. She had never imagined he could kiss her like — rain makes love to the earth. Showering his affection by holding her waist softly yet there was an urgency in his every touch. Like he wanted to memorize something like he was fighting to keep his calm.

A delicious colour of red burned her cheeks. Suman didn't know how to face him tomorrow. Thankfully a Sunday saved her from further mortification. Last night after the kiss they hadn't talked but he made sure to drop her home first.

However, she didn't know about tomorrow. Suman had to face Shravan when one part of her wanted the earth to swallow her another part wanted to relish in the fact that she was not the only one who felt the electricity between them. If anything, the kiss proved Shravan was as affected as she was.

It was Suman's grandfather whose voice shook her out of her daydream and groaned as she advanced towards the downstairs. As expected, her Nanu didn't like the fact she was drunk, and he wouldn't like it if it ever happened again. Promising him that she would never touch anything remotely alcohol or close to it again she came back to her room.

She needed to talk to Shravan. But what, Suman didn't know. Certain things bothered her. First, he was her boss, professionally it wouldn't look good if they decided to court each other. Secondly, and the most important was, Shravan himself. If Suman had understood him, then he would definitely point out his physical disability which although she wouldn't care but for him, it would be impossible to overlook.

In her twenty-three-years of life, Suman had never been this confused. She read the time, it was half-past eleven. Gripping her phone she decided to send Shravan a message, just to test the waters.

Mr Raheja sent the revised contract. Shall I email you now or it can wait till tomorrow?

From: Suman

11.40 AM

What Suman didn't expect was how instantly her message was seen. But much to her dismay, the reply came almost an hour later.

Tomorrow will do.

From: Sir
12.30 PM

Of course, she thought, somehow she knew this would be Shravan's reaction. She decided not to message him anymore, it wouldn't look good if she came out like a desperate kid who had just found the taste of candy.

That day went by seeing his last seen, and she could tell, Shravan came online more than usual.

The next day came with more butterflies and jitters. Suman was excited like a puppy when she entered the Malhotra Mansion but immediately kicked out by Rosemary saying Shravan wanted to go to the office and he had decided from now on he would work from there. Though Rosemary did get surprised about why Shravan hadn't informed Suman as her home was nearer to the office, and now it would take more time to reach there.

Suman knew why he did that. It's simple. Shravan Malhotra wanted to avoid her. At home that would become next to impossible, but at the office, surrounded by other people she would never be able to ask him anything about their kiss.