Part 1

The moon is big and bright in the star filled sky every now and then tree limbs would darken my path home. I sign steam floating out of my mouth I hug my blue jacket closer to my body. I'm not lost I just needed some air.

I hear twigs breaking in the distance, I look back I could barely see from it being so dark, I hear more rustling in the brush and its sounds like it is getting closer.

My heart pounding  in my chest I'm frozen stiff. I watch carefully through the eye holes from my hockey mask. My whole body is telling me to run but my instinct is telling me to stay.

That's when a group of animals collapsed out of the bush in front of me a fox, pig, rabbit, and all of them was all carried by a LION!?!? They all looked really exhausted and the fox looks like it's hurt.

The lion glanced up at me with one glowing red eye the other had stiches in the shape of an X, the lion snarled and struggled to stand up, he growled showing his sharp fangs. It roared once before collapsing again to weak to hold up his head.

With out thinking I took off my jacket the chilly air hit my arms, I step cautiously to the animals, I couldn't help but notice how skinny they were, I can practically see their ribs and spines even in the dark.

The lion gave out a low growl but stopped when the fox started to whimper, the pig tried to comfort the fox with little success. I put my jacket over the Lions back where the others are.

"Don't worry guys I'll be right back." I whispered softly before running to my house as quick as I can.

The lights were out indicating my family went to bed which is good on my part. I ran to the gate that I left open onto our patio and pool were and open the back slid door.

I slid it open luckly the kitchen is right by the back door, I picked up an empty cardboard box out of all the other boxes contain all of our unpacked things.

I open the fridge and took out four water bottles, lettuce, carrots, and the whole pack of sandwich turkey meat, then open up one of the cabinets thanking my mother for unpacking some of the bowls and took down four and set everything in the box and ran back outside to the very exhausted and malnutritious animals.

I don't know why I'm doing this? Or why I wasn't as scared as I should be? All I want to do is help them.

The lion was still laying in the same spot  I set the box down and took out all the things I brought. I poured the water in the bowls, the rabbit was the first one to react it's ears perked up, it sniffed the air before taking a small step I didn't notice before the little guy had a blind fold over its eyes.

It's little head hit the side of the bowl, it shook it's head and then used it's paws like a human would do to navigate, it stuck it's little paw in the water then lean down and started drinking.

And soon the others started to drink from the bowls the pig and fox drank out of the same bowl, while the lion drank out of the last two bowls.

The rabbit got a hold of a carrot and started to munch on it, I opened the sandwich container and haft it between the fox and lion, the pig was making a mess with the lettuce.

I watched in silence as they devoured their food, they still looked exhausted, then I remembered we have a shed now and we won't be putting anything in there yet since the other truck hasn't gotten here yet.

The rabbit hopped on my lap making me jump in surprise, it made a sound like it was laughing, I frowned at the little guy.

I looked up seeing the fox limping toward me then collapsing, the pig squealed ran to the fox and nudged it softly on the foxes snout with its own.

I picked up the rabbit off my lap and set it in the box, I looked around for my jacket, then I felt a nudge on my hand I looked to see the lion holding my jacket in his mouth, I took it out of his mouth and walked toward the fox and bent down and wrapped it up and held it in both arms the pig oink in protest.

"Follow me guys I have a place you all can stay at." I said and placed the fox in the box along with my jacket, I picked up the box and looked around to see the pig it was beside me to my left and the lion on my right.

I led them to the vacant shed and slid it open, it isn't much but it is enough to keep the cold out. There was some stuff from the previous owners in here.

I set the box on the floor and walked to the an old sofa with a sheet over it I took off the sheet, dust flew everywhere making me cough the lion picked up the fox like as if it was a cub and set it on the couch softly before hoping on the couch beside it then shortly after the pig climbed onto the couch and snuggled up against the fox the rabbit followed in suit but crawled under the lions jaw. I stared in awe and confusion at the animals on why the lion hasn't eaten the others yet? Or where did they come from? Have they been running from somthing? And if they are, who or what is chasing them? I looked closer at them they all had verious scars on them, what happen to them? Where did they come from? They seem close almost like family.

I was about to say something before I heard little snores and of course a loud snores I chuckled and laid the sheet over them and stepped out of the shed and slid the door shut.

That's when I realized, I just let four wild animals sleep in my shed and not only that none of them didn't really try to hurt me...