Acceptance or Rejection

*In the Previous Chapter*

~Out of fear of rejection, I quickly grabbed my bag and ran out the classroom. I ran and slammed the door behind me not looking back. There were still tears flowing down my face. I ran down the hallways of the empty school not ever wanting to go back....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Izuku's POV

My face was completely red as I ran down the hallway. I couldn't breathe and my heart was pounding like crazy. I can't believe I just confessed, and to Kacchan of all people! I tripped over my own feet and came crashing down into the floor with a big "Thud". I heard footsteps behind me and automatically knew it was Kacchan.

I rose to my feet and started running again, even though I knew he was much faster. I wasn't ready to face Kacchan yet and I knew this for a fact. I heard bomb sounds from behind me. Kacchan was using his explosion quirk to boost himself and go faster. My heart sank knowing that I would have to face him unprepared. 

All of a sudden a hand grabbed me by the head and arm and pulled me into a dark corner of the hallway. I was in complete darkness. My body was frozen out of fear. I heard Kacchan pass the dark spot I was in and continue down the hallway, probably still in search of me. Once I could no longer hear his quirk, I turned around only to see Koneko with another one of his signature grins spread across his face.

I sighed in relief knowing that I was only Koneko and not a suspicious person. "Thank you, Koneko." I said with a smile, although my gratitude probably wasn't very convincing with tears streaming down my face, my nose running, and my face beet red. Koneko's face turned from a grin to a frown. His face showed his concern. 

"I'm alright," I said wiping tears from my eyes. Despite his constant sexual harassment, Koneko is caring when it matters most. He handed me a tissue from his pocket. I nodded giving thanks and took the tissue to wipe my nose. "Why do you like someone like him," he said. At first, I didn't understand what he meant but then I realized what he had just witnessed and knew he was talking about Kacchan. 

My face turned red and I started fidgeting my fingers while looking down at the ground. "H -how did you know?" I stuttered trying to get the right words to come out. "It's obvious cause your gaze is always on him". I sighed. "Kacchan and I have been friends since we were little..." I started then stopped to take a deep breath. 

"I've liked him but I was always afraid he would reject me, so I could never tell him how I felt". My heart throbbed a little. A hurt and pained expression spread across my face. I felt sick but I continued. "Just now I told him how I felt, but I didn't want to be rejected so I ran away". 

My heart throbbed, even more, thinking about how stupid I would have looked if Kacchan had given me his answer right then and there. Koneko's face grew angry like Kacchan's had that one time. I took a step back surprised that he could make a face like that. 

"Does it have to be him? Can't you give me a try?" I looked up, surprised at his words. He looked as though he had just been stabbed in the back. "No you piece of shit it can't be you." A familiar voice shouted from behind me. Before I knew it, two arms were wrapped around my neck and a warm body was against my back. 

"Dumbass." I turned around to see Kacchan behind me smiling like he had just won something. Koneko scowled knowing that he had lost and walked away. My body was once again in its frozen state. I was in complete shock. "H -how m -much did you h -hear?" My voice was shaky out of fear. 

"Everything, shitty nerd". He was grinning from ear to ear. I blushed hard knowing that he had not only heard my confession but the details of why I could never tell him. I was completely embarrassed and scared of what would come next. 

Would I be rejected? Instead, I revived a warm lick on the neck from behind and my hairs on the back of my head stood up. I whimpered a little. My face was red all the way up to my ears. I was embarrassed but happy that I hadn't received rejection yet.