15.

Ares' Pov

I spent a while trying to make sense of the situation. Monica left her son with me and claimed it to be mine. I left my family because of my past. I left the girl of my dreams in another country. I can afford to see her, but the other money will have to come later.

I pack my bags and buy a plane ticket. As I head to the airport, Monica calls me.

"Hello?"

"I'm coming over to talk things out."

"I'm not home."

"Where are you going?"

I debate on lying. "The store."

"When will you be back?"

"Hmmm...I don't know."

"Are you lying to me?"

I hang up.

As I board the plane, I think about everything in action. I sit near the window and throw on headphones. I turn up the Kanye West album, nodding off in the seat.

When the plane lands, I hop in a cab, ready to talk things over with Adonis.

Zeus' Pov

After finding out I had three months to live, I decided to hang out with Adam while we can.

We sit in his room , eating.

"That's so funny, Zeus," Adam said, laughing at my joke.

"Thanks."

"What's it like in America? Your friends and family?"

"It's ... it can be nice at times. My friends Xavier and C are dope, man. They're the greatest. My family is too."

"Seems like you really like your friends, " Maya says.

"They've been around since I was like eight. They give great advice and have always had my back," I notice Adam's expression darken so I switch topics. "What's this country like for you , Maya?"

"Actually, I'm Moroccan. It's a beautiful country. I just ended up at the wrong place at the wrong time ..." she looks away.

I nod. This is going to be a long three months.