Chapter 1

For the past two days, the news has only been talking about that stupid guy. It's not that I don't take murder seriously, as Nev kept saying, it's just getting old. Everyone's been so worried and nothing has happened. I went to a party for crying out loud. I didn't walk home alone, but nothing happened.

Kevin Alston. The guy who blew up a whole main street, killing dozens of people. He sounds pretty psycho. He doesn't look like it though. Shit, if he wasn't a psycho murder I'd g his shit. That's what makes him so unsusceptible though. He looks so average. On a scale of 1 to 10 he's an 11, but average as in "not a psycho killer".

Long story short, I feel like everyone is overreacting. I probably feel this way because it's annoying, but he's most likely not in our area. Being mindful, like not walking into a dark alley is just enough to stay safe.

"Heading home. Wish me luck." Nev jokes, but I know he's more serious than joking.

"Alright. Bye." I closed the door behind him. Oh man, the trash. I start to run to the kitchen but quickly turn around, deciding it's better to call him first. "Nev!" Shoot, he's already in the elevator. I run to the window to yell at him when he gets around. "Nev!" He slightly jumps then looks up to me.

"What the hell?! You scared the crap outta me. It's almost midnight, people are sleeping."

"Can you take the trash for me," He rolls his eyes. "please?" I add.

"I'm not going back up there." He starts to walk to his car.

"Wait," I lean back to size up the trash bag. "what if I throw it through the window?" He stands in place for a few seconds, thinking about it.

"The dumpster is all the way over there. No." He gets into his car.

"Nev!" He ignores me. "I'm throwing the bag at your car!" I run to the trash as fast as I can, but when I get back he's already down the street.

Nev: ha, loser

I rolled my eyes at his persecuting text. Losers text and drive, so joke's on him. I slip on my fluffy, soft robe and my matching slides before taking out the trash. He could have just done it for me but nooo, he wanted to be lazy. Asshole.I trudge to the local dumpster, my slides dragging across the pavement. I struggled slightly tossing the bag in.

"Ow!" I froze in my place. Soon I heard shuffling and a hand slams on the edge of the dumpster. Nope, nope, nope. I turn on my heel and start running. Unfortunately, these aren't running shoes and I trip. "What the fuck do you have in there, bricks?" Surprisingly yes, but that's a story for another time.

"My bad, I forgot that hobos stay in this dumpster. I'll use the other one next time." I sarcastically reply while walking back to the apartment.

"I'm not a hobo!" He yells, climbing out the dumpster. "Fuck." I hear him curse himself after falling off the side. My laughing fit comes to an end when I feel my empty robe pockets. I forgot my keys. Ugh! "You live here?" He calls out, walking over. Well kinda limping. I hold in my laugh.

"No." I lie. Not telling this guy where I live. He might break in. Although he claims he's not homeless. Sleeping in that dumpster tells otherwise.

"Then why were you trying to get in?"

"Aye, aye, don't get too close. I got my rape whistle for precaution purposes." I threaten him. He looks familiar. They have yet to fix the nearby streetlights so I can't be sure.

"Not a threat." He holds his hands up and keeps his distance. "Not like anyone would come out anyways." He mumbles. That's true, especially since that man is o-ohhh hold up! Oh nah. That's the dude. Mm-mmm. I'm not playing this. I gotta go, like asap.