Chapter 3

"You want to come in?" I awkwardly smile and cock my neck back. "He, he, he, in my home?"

"Yes....." He trails off, giving me a vibe of suspicion. "Is there any reason you wouldn't want me to?" He questions and peeks behind me.

"Not at all." I force a smile and back away. He walks in and I close the door behind me. I pray that Kevin doesn't pull a dumbass move. "You can take a seat." I sit with him on the couch.

"There was some footage of someone running away after being chased by another person. A few minutes later a text, claiming to be from Kevin Alston, was sent about him finding a new accomplice, was from this area. I can't release anymore details but that's why I'm here."

Pretty much gave all the details, some cop. A small shuffle was heard from my room and I pretended I didn't hear it. The cop turned around and stood up.

"What was that sound? Is someone else here?"

"Y-You...." I stood up and walked super close to him. "You hear the voices too?" I whisper and make my eyes go big.

"Voices? What are you talking about, ma'am?" He takes a few steps back.

"I hear them. The voices, I hear them." I say even quieter and dart my eyes around. He backs away as I walk closer and closer.

"Alright, well, I just wanted to know if you had any information from last night." He asks once he's out the door.

"Not really. I try to go to sleep early because," I slowly look to my right, then quickly turn my head to the left. " you know." I whisper.

"Oh....." He clears his throat. "I'll be off. Have a nice night." He rushes down the hall.

"I'll try!" I yell. I close the door behind me and let out a sigh of relief. That was way too close. I'm glad Kevin is going to be gone to-

"I am not leaving tonight." He comes out my room with a bewildered expression.

"Oh, yes you are."

"Oh, no I'm not." He mocks me. "The coast is clearly not clear if there are cops going from door to door." He scratches the nape of his neck and plops onto the couch. "I'll have to wait it out." He seems to be deep in thought.

"No, no, no. It's better to make it out now, right? You know, because it's only getting worse from here." I try to reason with him. I don't need the company members to be all out around the city because once he gets caught he'd surely rat me out.

"Of course, it'd get worse from here, but the search will quickly blow over. They hit all the targeted houses then move to the next city. I'll leave then." He shrugs and goes to my fridge.

"You never know though. What if they put the whole police force on the lookout because they're sure you're here in the city?"

"You know something I don't?" He asks, without taking his head out the fridge. That the whole media force under Erve Irwin is on the lookout because he's sure you're here in the city? Of course not.

"No. Why would I know anything more than you do?"

"Fair enough." He comes out chugging the rest of my milkshake.

"Don't touch my milkshake!" I run over. He sticks his hand out and holds my head to keep me away.

"That was good." He tosses the bottle to the trash but misses it. Sure, just let it roll across the floor. For a murderer, he seems pretty normal. That's how they draw you in, I remind myself. I'm pretty sure he was lying about the other thing he said just to gain my trust. What was he saying anyway? It was about someone else who's after him that actually caused the explosion or something. Sounds like a random made up lie to me. I am not trusting this dude.