Chapter One

Gwen's POV

"Waake uuuup" cooed someone. I groaned and stuffed my face into my pillow. I will marry my pillow. It lets me sleep. They are not letting me sleep. I'm tireeeeeeeed.

"Wake uuup" someone cooed again. I grunted and smacked him with the pillow. When I heard chuckling, I frowned. Who chuckles when hit early in the morning? I'm sure the person is crazy.

"Babyyyy" he cooed again. I rolled my eyes. Hmph. It's my dad! I chastise myself mentally about the ill thoughts I was having. Mom died during childbirth and hence, dad raised me alone. I am his princess. He takes great care of me and fulfils all my wishes. He's the best father anyone could ever  have!!

When I was a kid and would play with the other kids, they would often tell about the other motherless boy, like me. His father used to beat him and starve him. He had to do the housework. Poor him. So, my friends used to say I'm lucky that my father is not cruel. So I would always listen to dad and not anger him so that he would not treat me like him.

But that was my childhood mind. Now, I'm 17. Dad always loved me. He pampered me but he would often tell me not to wander about since God knows what danger could be lurking around. Being the obedient daughter I prided myself on being, I usually stayed at home.

"Rise and shine cupcaaaake"  Cupcake is my favourite dessert and so,  my stomach growls at me, making me blush beet red due to embarrassment. Groggily I got up and rubbed the sleep from my eyes. 

In front of me stood dad with a platter filled with my favourite food.

"Happy Birthday !!" yelled Dad. It had completely slipped my mind. I chuckled mentally. I was surprised. My heart was swelling with happiness. I tackled dad in a bone-crushing hug and we fell into a heap on the floor.

I took a deep breath and the smell of food wafted through my nostrils causing my mouth to water and stomach to grumble loudly.

I ought to be embarrassed but I could only think of food. Damn that smell !! I snatched the platter away from dad hungrily. I was about to take a bite when a hand appeared in front of my mouth. I stared at it unsure of how to react. When I looked in dad's eyes I saw the deep love he felt for me. His eyes were glistening with tears; he is remembering mom.

I got teary-eyed and ate from his hands. "You know, my small baby girl is now eighteen. You are a big girl now."

"I know dad but no matter how much I grow up, I will always remain your small baby girl."

My friends had said that once that boy was 18, his father had thrown him out of the house. I'm sad for him but I do not know if dad will do the same thing! Should I ask him??

After a few minutes of silence, I decided to speak.

"Dad....??"

"Yes baby girl"

"Can I ask you something ??"

Love Luna