Chapter Two

.

.

.

" Of course, baby girl, it isn't something to ask, " he chuckles.

Gwen sighs guiltily. She knew she was about to ruin the mood but she was too scared. She wanted to know whether her father would throw her out of the house and if he was doing all this to pacify her ??

No, she thought, dad would not do this, NO. Dad would be so hurt that I don't trust him! But what can I do? I'm feeling so anxious and scared !!

Mr Patrick, Gwen's father was staring at her with a questionable gaze. She mustered her courage and spoke for once:

"WWillyoutthrowmmeoutoftthehhouse?? " she stammered in incomprehensible haste.

"Huh, what? I did not hear what you said cupcake," Patrick said, with a frown etched on his face.

"I-I asked that W-Will you throw me out of the h-house??" To say that Patrick was shocked by her daughter's words would be the understatement of the year. Few minutes had passed but he hadn't uttered any sound.

Gwen was now feeling scared. What if it is true? What if dad will throw me out of the house? I should have known it!!

She started sobbing loudly and uncontrollably. Patrick was snapped out of his daze by the sobs of his daughter. Seeing his daughter like this, he felt his heart clench painfully!

Gwen's Pov

Dad is the SAME!! Oh god! It hurts so much. He doesn't love me. He'll throw me out. But where will I stay!?!?! I don't even know anyone here that well, no one will let me stay with them. That must be why dad did not let me know the others!

THAT MUST BE IT !!

And with that, I started bawling like a baby. My eyes were overflowing with tears and my teeth were chattering so much that I had to bite my lips! I think I bit too hard because I tasted a warm liquid with a metallic taste.

Deeply engrossed in my own thoughts, I did not realise someone was shaking me. It was dad; he was whispering sweet soothing words in my ears, cradling me in his arms. I gradually calmed down and fell asleep on his lap.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Love Luna 💗😇