1. Meeting Up (P1)

Garrison

     "Lets go Triston!" I shouted to the guy with me. It was cute that he thought we were friends, really. We had just poured fairy dust into the ocean which makes mermaids sick. The plan was: to make the mermaids and fairies hate each other. They were the only ones who got along with everyone. I figured that if the two clans had started to fight then eventually word would spread when the fairies claimed they hadn't done anything to the merfolk. Then everyone would start to hate each other and my dad would stop hanging with the vampire girl that he claims "is better then your mother ever was". Whatever.
"Garrison I really don't know why we put fairy dust in the ocean. You know it makes mermaids sick," Triston said.
"I know it does idiot," I said.
"Then why would you- oh," he said.
"I should've teamed up with someone else. Vampires are useless during the day," I said. It was very true. They were allergic to the freaking sun.
     "Hey!" He said defensively.
     "Don't 'hey' me. Let's just blow this place," I said. I changed into a bat with Triston and we flew off. And that was two years ago.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

     "Garrison!" My drunken dad shouted at me. I had planted that stupid dust a year ago and it as the worst idea of my life. Today all the clans were separated. I haven't seen Triston since the day after we had left the sea.
     "What do you want?" I shouted back.
     Me and my dad now owned a one-room house since all the money was going towards the war that has raged since that day. Don't ask me how it elevated so fast because I don't know. All I know is that the next day a lot of merpeople had come out of the water and poisonous items had been found everywhere. Garlic in a vampire's house. Water dumped on fairies so they couldn't fly for a week. And a ton of other things that weren't exactly poisonous, just cruel.
     My dad came into the "house". "We're wanted to help make more defenses..." I zoned out. The usual today then. Great...

Penny

     I'm lucky I wasn't infected by the pixie dust but I think I've been having hallucinations.  I keep having these crazy dreams at night. A person from each clan stopping the war and bringing peace to the world. Yeah I'm hopeful, but I know it won't happen. I'm starting to feel better but that stupid pixie dust that was dumped in the ocean is still here. Our Magic wards it off but only fairies or wizards can remove dust from water, and they aren't gonna help us out any time soon.
     I got up, ready to start my day, when my mom swam in.
     "How are you feeling?" She asked. She's always been worried about me and my brothers getting sick but none of us have so I really didn't see why she should be worried. I think it just gives her something else to think about besides the fact that a war is raging over our heads and we can't do anything.
     The leader of our clan had taken away our ability to transform into a human to keep us "safe". I think it's made us trapped. Without our transforming ability we can't go above water at all. We're stuck down here. The leader thinks that that means that we're safe and don't have to fight. In reality we can get attacked but can't attack. We're always on the defense. It's awful.
     "I'm fine. Thanks," I said, returning to our conversation. I swam out of our house and headed to the cemetery. I know, not the best place to be during a war, but I needed a place to practice my trick. I couldn't leave the water but I can control it. I swam as close to the surface as I dared and then used my powers to lift me out of the water into a bubble of water. Then I spotted someone on the shore and freaked out. I dropped back under water until I could see that whoever was on the shore was swimming this way. Oh gosh I'm in trouble now.

Selene

Practicing magic on the beach always relaxed me. I was doing perfectly fine on my invisibility spell, that I was forced to know in case of danger, when a splash caught my attention. I gave up on the spell and dove in the water. Someone might be drowning! I thought I saw a tail after swimming for a few minutes and realized I was over mermaid territory. I tried to swim back but something dragged me under the water. I was in a bubble of air underwater. I've done a lot of things in my life, but this was the coolest. I knew I wasn't doing it because I'd never heard of a spell that could do this. Then I screamed when I saw who was holding me captive underwater.

"You're a mermaid!" I exclaimed. Mermaids hated the other clans now, just like the rest of us, but she didn't look all that bad.
"I hope I'm a mermaid," she laughed. She laughed. What the heck?
"What do you want with me?" I asked, wriggling around so I could possibly get free of my underwater prison.
"Just to see you. I haven't seen a wizard in forever," she said. "I'm Penny."
"Selene," I said.
"Nice to meet you," she said. I nodded my head in response. "Ok so I do need your help."
"I knew it," I said. "Ok shoot me. What do you want?"
     "My transforming ability was taken away from me. I need you to restore it. I can't stand not being able to go on land," she said. She gave me a pleading look.
     "Fine," I said. I didn't want this mermaid to hate me like everyone else did.
     "Yay!" She said.
     Thirty minutes and one spell later me and Penny were walking on the beach.
     "Hey can I tell you about a dream I had?" She asked.
     "Sure, but the rumor that wizards can tell you what your dreams mean is false," I said.
     "Ok. Well I had a dream that someone from every clan would meet up and help stop the war, figure out who started it, and save the world basically. I couldn't see faces clearly, since I didn't know who it would've been, but I had it in first person so I know I'm one of those people," Penny said.
"Well I must be one of those people because I'm from a different clan than you, and, since mermaids' dreams always come true, we must find the other five people," I said. I just hoped that we could. The war had been going for a year and I doubt five other people would get along as well as me and Penny. I could still hope.

A/N: hey people! First chapter! The first maybe three chapters will be introducing the people and getting the story set. Yeah I plan to have it all up before Sunday(?).

Word count without A/N: 1155
Word count with A/N: 1198