2. Meeting Up (P2)

Fiona

My life sucks. I had my wings taken away about a week ago. Having a fairy's wings taken away means you've been a disgrace to fairies and didn't deserve to be able to fly. All because the clan leader found some seashells in my room he suspected me to be the person who dumped the pixie dust in the freaking ocean. About a week ago I vowed to find whoever actually did dump dust into the water and hurt them really bad.
     "Fiona you can't sulk in your room forever," my aunt said as she walked into my small room.
"Why not?" I asked sarcastically as I drew stars in the air with pixie dust. Will I ever have a need for pixie dust again?
"Because sulking won't do you any good," she said, having difficulty sitting down. My aunt was five months pregnant and everyone was so hyped up about it until about four months ago when some vampires attacked our territory and killed about a fourth of our population. They claimed that our blood was tastier than any of the other beings. Whatever scumbags, you murdered my parents. Now I hate vampires.
"Yeah I don't care if it doesn't do anything for me now. I don't have wings. I'm not a fairy anymore," I said, lying down.
"You're still a fairy, just a fairy who can't fly. There are a lot of fairies who can't fly," she said, putting a hand on my knee.
"Yeah if they're dead," I snapped. She took the hint that I didn't want her in my room and left.

That night I grabbed a change of clothes, some food, and my wand and shoved them into a small backpack. Then I stole away from the village where I had lived my whole life. I ran.
I ran as fast and as hard as I could until sitting down at the base of a tree, exhausted. I didn't have any energy to fight when I felt the arms around me.

Triston

It was broad moonlight when I took a walk through the woods. Sometimes I loved being a vampire and sometimes I wished I could just be awake during the day like everyone else. I wasn't evil of anything but I liked to see other beings beside vampires when I was awake. Sure I was awake during the day too sometimes but I couldn't go out. I would die. Anyways, I was walking through the woods, or flying as I was in my bat form, and I saw a girl running through the vampire territory, where it was magically always dark.
She was out cold, from what I couldn't say but, I picked her up and took her back to my place.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

     The next day (for her) she woke up.
     "Hi," I said, trying to sound casual, like I picked up girls in the middle of the woods every night.
     She screamed. "You killed my parents!" She lunged at me and I changed into a bat and flew to the ceiling. What was she? Probably a wizard. Definitely not a shapeshifter or she would've flown up to me. She wasn't hairy like a werewolf. "Get back down here bat boy!" She called up.
     I changed back into a human after landing. "Wow that was really offensive."
     "Well duh," she said. "What do you want with me? Do you want to drain the blood out of me like you did to my parents and 25% of my community?"
     "Huh?" I cocked my head to the side. "No. I saw you exhausted in the woods. I figured I'd save you before some evil vampire got to you and killed you. I'm nice." I smiled. Probably wasn't a good idea, as she shuddered away from me at the sight of my fangs.
     "Yeah ok. Sure vampire," she backed into a corner of my small bedroom.
     "Ok don't call me vampire or bat boy. My name is Triston Stone," I said, crossing my arms.
"Ok Stone. I'm Fiona Carrison," she held her hand out to me. I shook it warily and she pulled out a wand.
"Fairy? I would've never guessed that!" I exclaimed. "Where are your wings?"
She tensed up. "I'm on probation."
"Which means? C'mon girl I'm not from your world," I said.
"I have my wings taken away until I can prove I deserve them back," she said through gritted teeth. She obviously didn't like talking about the subject. "So," she said, switching the subject, "your parents didn't mind you bringing home an unconscious girl home last night?"
"Look around. Do you see anyone else? They didn't want me. I lived in an orphanage until I was thirteen, the age they kick kids out onto the street," I said quietly.
"Oh. I'm sorry," Fiona said.
"Yeah. Me too. I've done some things I'm not really proud of," I said. I felt like I could tell this girl I barely knew everything.
"Same here," she said. We both took a seat on my bed, lost in our own thoughts.
"I feel like I could tell you anything," I said after a while.
"Me too. Strange," she replied. She absently wrote "Fiona" and "Triston" on the walls with pixie dust. I smiled at it.
"So since we feel like we can tell each other anything, tell me why you viscously attempted to attack me," I said, turning to face her. She did the same before replying.
"Four months ago a lot of vampires attacked our small village. They killed a lot of people from drinking their blood. My parents were killed by your kind," she looked at me with an expression of hate and sadness for what had happened to her parents.
"I swear I wasn't a part of that," I held my hands up. "Anyways in sure you're starved. I don't have anything for fairies to eat, if you eat different things than vampires but I can kill an animal and cook it for you. It's whatever you want."
"Whatever you have is fine. I'm really not that hungry," she said. Her stomach rumbled quietly and, due to my very good hearing, I heard it but pretended not to.
"Ok," I said.
We ended up having a cooked rabbit and berries found in the woods.
"This is good," Fiona said.
"Thanks. I don't really get visitors all that much so I never know what to make when visitors do come," I chuckled.
"Still, it's good," she shrugged.
We ate in silence for a while until a bird flew into the house. Then the bird was a human.

Fiona

"Garrison," Triston stood up to face the shapeshifter. He was a few inches taller but vampires automatically looked menacing. The shapeshifter, Garrison, looked my way.
"Wow Trist. You got yourself a girl. And a wingless fairy too, not very impressive," he smirked, glancing at my wand.
"Garrison you're not welcome here anymore," Triston said. I guessed the two had a checkered past. "And she's not my girl."
"Well she's pretty," Garrison out a finger under my chin, forcing me to look at him. I jerked my head away. "And feisty too. Why don't you keep her? She's a fairy. Her blood could be valuable to you," he went on. I involuntarily put my hand to my neck.
"She's not yours to keep Garrison." Triston was getting mad now.
"Ok. Well I just thought I'd tell you that our escapade a year ago has gone well. This is exactly what I wanted. I'll be off now," and with that Garrison transformed into a bat and flew away.
"Who the heck was that?" I asked.
"Garrison Tanner. Number one jerk." He sighed. "I went with him a year ago to... dump the pixie dust in the ocean." He said the last part so quiet that I had to lean in close to him to hear him.
    "You didn't that?!" I exclaimed. I stood up.
     "Yes. I'm not proud of it but it happened. I was an idiot last year, I know," he put his head in his hands.
    "Wow ok. I'll give you some space. I'll be outside. I need to practice to some spells anyways," I left the tiny house and sat on the front porch stairs. It amazed me that it was always dark in Vampire Territory. Then all I saw was black.

A/N: hello! Second chapter! Still haven't told about Mason and Greyson (that rhymed lol) but I will in the next chapter. Thank you for reading!

Word count without a/n: 1396
Word count with a/n: 1434