3. Meeting Up (P3)

Mason

Life was good a year ago. My sister had graduated middle school, I was about to go to college (well not really college but school for college-age kids), and most of the clans were starting to warm up to each other. Then my dad switched on the news. "Two bats were seen flying away from the ocean the night of  the incident. People suspect it was either two vampires, two shapeshifters, or one of each. Be wary of these clans until further news." Our TV shut down the next day, along with the rest of the power. My dad told me and my sister to stay away from those clans. Not very easy since we lived right between the two clans.
"Hey Mase," my sister, Alex, said now.
"Hey Alex," I replied. School had been canceled along with everything else this past year. Me and Alex were working out butts off to keep up with it we wouldn't be behind in the future.
"When do you think it'll all stop?" She asked, taking a seat next to me on my bed.
"I don't know sis. But I do know that I will help stop it," I said.
"Ok. I hope so. The full moon is tomorrow night," she said.
"I know. Not looking forward to it. Did you know last month I woke up in wizard territory? I had to hightail it back here before I was spelled," I laughed.
"Really? I woke up and my room was destroyed," she said. We both laughed at the memory.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

The full moon. This was gonna be a bad night. I laid down in my bed at about 11:30 waiting for my werewolf side to take over. I shut my eyes so I didn't see the moon. I think I fell asleep.

Greyson

     The flame went out again. "Dang it!" I said. I've been trying to combine water and fire in a spiral forever but it wouldn't work. My dad could do it but he refused to show me how. Then he and Mom got divorced. Moved away from each other. I ran away, not wanting to choose a parent. I wasn't the brightest 14-year-old. But I've learned now and the world is at war. It's Trastica's (name of planet where they all live) World War One. Tonight was the full moon. I wished I lived on the other side of the world from those werewolves, then I wouldn't have to worry about being eaten/killed by those cannibals.
It was about six AM and the moon had gone, letting me know that the werewolves had turned back into- whatever they are when they're not 100% wolf.
"Hey where are we?" I heard a feminine voice ask.
"I think we're in Demigod Hallow, but I could be wrong," another feminine voice said. "I'm just glad we're still alive."
"Me too. Maybe we'll find someone who can show us the way to the Center," the first voice said. I glanced around the tree that I was currently hiding behind. Two girls—probably like 18— were walking. I figured I could help them out.
"Hi," I said as I stepped out from behind the tree. The first girl screamed.
"Who are you?" She asked.
"I'm Greyson Pines. Please to meet you," I put my hand out.
"Penny Waters," our hands met and she jumped back. "Hot!"
"Oh sorry, I was practicing with fire," I said. I cooled my hands off and shook Penny's then.
"I'm Selene Carrison," the other girl said. We also shook hands. "Demigod?"
     "How'd you guess?" I asked.
     "You said you were practicing fire. Only Demigods can do that," Selene said.
     "True. Nice guess. I'm going to guess that you're a..." I paused thinking. I had no clue. "Shapeshifter?"
     "Wrong," Selene said. "I'm a Wizard and Penny's a Mermaid."
     "I could guess that. Penny's last name gave it away: Waters. Yeah what land being would have a last name of where the merfolk live?" I rolled my eyes.
     "Good point," Penny said. Then her eyes got all big. "Oh my gosh this is like my dream! He's a Demigod, a different Clan than us!" She squealed.
     "She had a dream that one person from every clan would get together and help stop the war and all that," Slene explained when she saw my look to confusion. I nodded my head.
     "Oh, well if you want to get some werewolf I live close to hem. C'mon, let's go see f we can track down one close to our age that won't try to kill us."

Mason

     The next morning I woke up in the woods. I hoped it was our woods. If I was in another clan's territory I'd be in trouble.
     "But yeah we're almost to the werewolf line. Now we're still in Demigod Hallow," a deep voice said. In guessing some guy wanting to get dead. These days people would purposefully get themselves killed so they didn't have to live like this anymore.
    "Ok cool. Penny, do you know if the werewolf was a guy or a girl?" A girl's voice said. I wondered if I was hallucinating now. It happened to some werewolves after the full moon.
    "A guy I'm pretty sure. There were like three girls. Four guys. Since me and you are both girl we only have one more to find. The rest should be guys," another girl voice, Penny, said.
     "Help," I said. They'd come to me, get me home, and I could recooperate from this months full moon.
     "Did you hear that?" The guy said.
     "No. Where did it come from?" One of the girls said.
     "Over there." I heard their footsteps getting closer to me. I closed my eyes.
     "Anyone?" I called again. I wasn't really hurt but I didn't feel like moving at all.
     "There! It's a person!" Penny said. They rushed over to me. "He's hurt!" I was?
     The moved my body and I cried out in pain. "Can you hear us?" The guy's voice said.
     "Yes," I said through gritted teeth.
     "Ok. Selene, how good are you with your magic?"

A/N: cliffhanger! Not really but I aim for over 1000 words so I decided to end it here for fun. Don't worry it'll get more interesting soon, I promise (unless this really isn't your thing). See you in the next chapter!

Word count without A/N: 1023
Word count with A/N: 1077