Epilogue

Noah Murdock,

I think you already know why I'm writing. Maybe you don't, so I'll explain it to you.

I'm sitting up in my bedroom right now, thinking about everything that Mia told me about you as I write this letter. You know, that redhead with all the freckles that you talked to after your shift at Aroma Mocha? She told me what you told her. Except she didn't do it directly. You see, I was Mia.

You're probably confused. I can see the way your forehead's probably wrinkling as you're staring at this paper, which is the only explanation that you have for me not showing up for our date. That's right, I'm not showing up--I left this letter so that you would see it when you showed up to Aroma Mocha for our first date.

But was it really our first date? After all, I think you remember meeting Katherine Weber in the coffee shop that one day. You left her your number, on a sheet of paper the size of a thumbnail.

And do you remember that night with Erin, the girl who'd showed up at your house for no reason? How about seeing Hannah at the party--talking with her on the front porch and telling her everything before cornering her in the bathroom? Or Lindsay, how you were supposed to go to the movies with her but she left you because you made her so angry. And then there was Mia, who you told your sob story to.

So you see, we really have been out on lots and lots of dates, and you haven't even known it. You know, I was Katherine, Carmen, Audrey, Erin, Hannah, Lindsay, McKenna, Eleanor, and Mia. I was all of those girls that you kissed and flirted with and played and tried to make believe that you loved them. I was there when you confessed the truth and I was there when you tried to convince me (as Mia, of course) that you had an excuse.

It was easy really. All it took was a little hair dye, a lot of makeup, and some professional makeover skills worthy of a movie set. You didn't care about me enough to study me in detail and notice how similar my appearance really was to Nicole Thorn because I was her all along. All you cared about was what was in it for you.

I'll tell you what's in it for you. Nothing. You can forget the dates, you can forget calling Katherine Blue Eyes, you can forget Lindsay's trip to Vegas with you and Hannah's relationship with you after you end it with Nicole. You can forget all of your empty promises and lies, because you've probably forgotten them all anyway.

You can also forget your stupid dare and that free flight to Vegas, because I don't buy it that you want to go there to see your dad. And even if you do, the way you treated me is no way to treat a girl. Don't bother talking to me, don't bother calling me or texting me, and don't bother trying to apologize to me. I won't buy it. I'm done buying it. You don't have to worry about breaking up with me anymore, because I'm doing it for you.

I bet your pride is going to be hurt, but you're a big boy and you can deal with it. I bet your friends are disappointed in you. And I bet you wish, so so badly, that you hadn't been so confident about lying to me--next time you decide to go behind a girl's back, take some lessons on stealth.

And re: your comment to Lindsay: despite all my betting, I, unlike you, do not and will not ever belong in Vegas.

Love (not really),

Nicole Thorn

A/N: Ten of Me is now completed!  Thank you all so much for reading and following Nicole's journey.  I really hope you enjoyed :)

My main work in progress right now is The Back of Wednesday, so if you want to read more of my work that's where to go!