Chapter 11

Chapter 11

"I'm sorry about your friend. I heard she was really nice."

Wow, he knew about Annabelle.

"She was my best friend. I'm really gunna miss her."

Unexpectedly, Caleb wraps his arms around me. I hug him back.

As we pull away I say,"Thanks. I needed that."

"Anytime." He pauses. I can see the school now. "So I guess i'll see ya around. Are you taking the bus home?"

I nod.

"Save me a seat?" he says with a wink.

"Sure."

The bus comes to a stop and we get up and off the bus.

-------

As I walk into the lunchroom i look around. I still remember when Anna and I sat at our table, just the two of us. I feel the urge to cry but suddenly Caleb comes to my side.

"Hey. How are you?" He says concerned.

"Fine. u?" I say still looking at the table Anna and I used to sit at.

"I know when a girl's not okay. And that's you right now. I'm assuming you don't want to talk about it." He says scanning my face." I finally turn toward him. "You wanna sit with my friends and i?"

"Umm that's oka-"

But he grabs my arm and pulls me towards their table. For a guy I just met, he seems pretty comfortable around me.

"Hey guys this is Violet." He says looking at me. I sit down with Caleb to my right and this other guy to my left.

"This is Nathan," Caleb points to the guy in front of me. I flash a smile.

"That's Andy." the guy sitting in front of Caleb waves.

"And I'm Nash. Nash Grier." Says the guy to my left.

"Hey," I say to everyone.

Man, this is a lot to take in in one day. All I can think about is Anna. She is constantly on my mind. I miss her so much. I picture her laughing and eating lunch across from me.

Apparently I was in a daze and I could feel wetness on my cheeks.

I'm crying. Just great.

"Hey. what's wrong?" Nash says.

"Uhh nothing." I say wiping my cheeks off.

Nash hands me a napkin.

"I umm heard about your friend. I'm so sorry Violet." He looks at me right in the eyes. I didn't really get to look at him but wow, he's got some gorgeous blue eyes.

"I just can't believe she's gone," I can't believe I'm going to do this. My eyes flood with tears and I immediately stand up and run to the bathroom.

I here Caleb yell something but I can't make it out.

I run to the girls bathroom and get a paper towel, blow my nose and look at myself in the mirror.

What did I do to deserve this? My eyes are puffy and my face is flushed.

Why did she have to go so quickly?

Pull yourself together Violet! You need to stay strong. You can pull through until the end of the day.

I dry my face one last time and walk out the door. Nathan, Andy, Nash and Caleb are all standing there when Nash notices me.

"Hey," He grabs me and gives me a hug.

This is unusual.

Two hugs from two different guys in one day. Oh jeez..

"It's okay to cry ya know," Nash says comfortingly not letting go of me.

I don't know what to say so I just stay there and so does he.

----------

A/N

So I kind of had this plan all along:

To have a little fan fiction intertwined in this story. I hope this was a right move.. Haha

Thanks:)

-T