Chapter 20

Chapter 20

We stand there-Caleb and I-staring into each other's eyes.

What do I do now? Do I like Caleb? No, I can't. Nash is mine. I am his.

"I can't do this." I say taking a step back looking away.

"Okay.."

"What do I do?" I whisper to myself.

"I-I gotta go." I say turning around.

I don't run. I need time to think. I just walk away.

I pull out my phone and text Nash. What exactly do I say to him? 'Hey I think we need to break up because I think I feel something towards Caleb.. ya know the guy that just punched u?'

No. No way. I still like Nash. But is it strong enough to say it's "love"?

Oh crap. I totally forgot about the dinner at his house. What do I tell my dad now? I need time to get my feelings straight.

I see my house now. I walk in and go straight up to my room to take a shower.

When I get out I check my phone and I have 2 new messages: one from Nash and the other from... Caleb.

I open Nash's first.

Nash: Hey is everything alright?

I call Nash. After two rings he picks up.

"Hey what happened?"

"We need to break up." I say starting to cry.

He doesn't respond right away.

"Why? We've only been together a day and now you-"

"I know Nash. I know it's horrible. It's just-I need some time right now." I'm crying now.

Silence and a sigh. "Okay."

"Nash I'm so sorry."

"It's okay. I'll see you tomorrow. Try and get some rest okay?"

He hangs up.

What. The. Hell. Just. Happened.

Ugh. I shake it off.

I open the text from Caleb:

Caleb: I'm so sorry Violet. I didn't mean to put you in that position. I didn't know what I was doing and I'm really sorry. I'm just jealous that now Nash gets you all to himself and as one friend to another, I just don't want to lose you. I really care about you. If you need anything, don't hesitate to call me. I'm really sorry.

I decide not to respond. I don't know what's happening.

But I know one thing now, I have to tell myself this: I do not, nor will I ever have feelings for Caleb. I like Nash and there's no way to change that.

I put my phone on my nightstand and crawl into bed. As I drift off to sleep I think about one guy, the one that I knew we had something from the start:

Nash.

-----

I wake up to my alarm clock and once again feel hatred toward that thing.

Ugh. I don't know what to do today at lunch. Its going to be SUPER awkward.

I put on my uniform, grab my phone, and head downstairs to eat and make my lunch.

After I'm done with all that I walk out to the bus stop. Crap. I forgot about the bus. I see the bus and I begin to tense up. Do I sit with Caleb? Do I talk to him? The bus is getting nearer.

My palms are getting sweaty. Shake it off Violet. I think about Anna. How she used to put her hands on my shoulders when I got nervous. The bus stops and the doors open. I step on and I don't see Caleb. Thank god.

I sit in an empty seat, not too close to the window.

The bus ride seemed short because before I knew it, i was at school.

I walk into school and go to my locker. I feel someone behind me and I turn around only to see Nash standing there. He looks down at me.

"Caleb apologised and told me why he did it." Nash says still staring at me. Silence fills the air.

"Do you like him?" He finally asks.

"No." I say my voice cracking. I clear my throat," No." I say reassuring him. "I thought I did but it was just because he is my friend and I didn't want to lose him."

Which was surprisingly true.

He wraps his arms around me and I feel my heart skip a beat. He's hands fall to my waist and my hands around his neck. It's so comforting and I feel so safe in his arms.

"I forgive you." He says only loud enough for me to hear.

"I love you." I say. I needed to say that, for myself and for him to hear it because this time- I wasn't lying.

"I love you too." My heart skips another beat.

--------

A/N

Hey guys!! Thank you soo so SOOO much for all the reads!! I am so happy that someone is actually reading my story!!

How am I doing so far?

Don't forget to vote!:)

Thank you all:)

-T